cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leight
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Need banded profile removed.

I need to start by saying BT is not my broadband provider, however my connection is being provisioned via BT wholesale (recently transferred from a C&W based connection around the 11th of April)

Initial speeds were fine - around 15mbps, with a downstream attenuation of 25.

However due to a misconfiguration by my ISP I was being disconnected routinely every 6 hours, and obviously the DLM saw this as instability and started dropping me down through various bands on my IP profile.

I (yes me, not my ISP) managed to pinpoint what was causing the disconnects, and had the ISP change the configuration at their end. Since then stability has been fine, and I requested that they have BT remove the banded profile from my line.

Each time they say they have put through a request, within 24 hours my connection will be dropped, and will sync with a new speed, that is even lower than before.

This is my current connection details:

DSP Firmware VersionA2pB025f.d22k
DMT StatusNo Defect
Operational ModeADSL2+
Upstream1115
Downstream283
SNR Margin(Upstream)7.4
SNR Margin(Downstream)20.7
Line Attenuation(Upstream)10.3
Line Attenuation(Downstream)25.0

Yes my upload is around 5x my download.

We had a BT SFI engineer verify the line was fine last week, so the downstream SNR is an artificial value imposed by the IP profile. (The SNR was actually a shade under 6 about 2-3 weeks ago)

The connection issue has been fixed. I really need the banded profile removed, and my ISP seems incapable of getting it right.

I am going to contact the mods, but I need to reference a forum post when I do so, so here it is.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Need banded profile removed.

You need to speak to your provider mate. The mods on this forum will only deal with BT Broadband customers.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
leight
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I've been speaking to them, like I said, each time I request a profile reset, they manage to get me on an even lower band.

I'm sick of it, and I thought I'd try and cut out the middle man, it was either this or crawl the streets looking for OR engineers...
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

They need to speak to Wholesale to get it sorted mate. It's nothing the mods on here can do for you.

They're only authorised to speak to Wholesale for BT broadband customers, just like you ISP can only contact them about their customers.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

banded profile should release automatically after 3+ days solid connection ie  no drops or resets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

we cannot help you this forum is for BT broadband users only your ISP are the only people who can get any changes done for you the mods here cannot HELP YOU
If it is a banded profile then as imjolly has posted it should release automatically after 3+ days of stable if it does not then the only people that can help you with your problem is YOUR ISP NOT BT retail

The forum mods here cannot help you 

0 Ratings