Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 103

Re: Need cables replaced

I wouldn't argue with you on that.

Distinguished Sage
Message 82 of 103

This thread is going round in circles and going knowhere you are getting the best speed you can get due to your line length and it is not going to improve as you cannot change the laws of physics please just accept that fact
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 83 of 103

You could get Satellite perhaps? One of my customers has it and though the latency is bad it's a lot better than his <512kb/s ADSL.

Also at least then you're paying for something you can actually use to its potential.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 84 of 103

William,

That's my opinion and to be honest, it's very very unlikely that Openreach will be split. Even if it were requested by Ofcom, it would take years of legal battles through the court.

It won't happen.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 85 of 103

@john46,

my main problem is not the speed it is my broadband is disconnecting now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 86 of 103

unfortunately long lines can suffer with such problems as they can be subject to low frequency RF pick up which can affect the frequency ranges used for broadband transmission
0 Ratings
Message 87 of 103

@Webby

I understand your point, but you can never say never. Why try to argue with someone when there's no definite answer?

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 103

@john46

Why don't you help the OP instead of trying to explain the aspects of broadband? The OP's top priority is to get his broadband fixed. His broadband dropping out is a sign of a fault, it's nothing to do with what you posted...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 89 of 103

I wasn't arguing, I was giving my opinion.

We've tried to help the OP. There's nothing we can do. The issue it due to a long line. He knows he needs to raise an engineer visit but also knows it's pointless as he's already had 3.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 90 of 103

round and round it goes - been here before on another threadSmiley Sad

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.