cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Need profile reset

Hi, my line profile was dropped after a few power outages over a week ago and then on Friday, upon the installation of 2nd line/broadband, BT had found a fault down the road and afterward, I got some disconnections. When re-connecting to broadband on original line, got a sync speed of 170 kbps!

I was told that it would be fixed by yesterday (Monday) and they did, so the line went back to usual 3000-3500 mark yesterday but the profile is still struck at 170 kbps.  Basically, the profile was struck on original line for well over a week now including the previous profile.

Not wanting to face uncertainty days of struck profile especially through Christmas day, I would like it to be reset please 🙂

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Need profile reset

your profile should correct itself automatically given a stable connection for 3/5 days maybe sooner.

post your router stats and btspeedtester diagnostic results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

BTspeedtester diagnostic:

Download Speed (Mbps): 0.13

Upload Speed (Mbps): 0.04

Ping Laterncy(ms): 60.75

The browser session has timed out. Please refresh the main Performance Tester page.

Probably too slow to diagnosis?

Router stats:

Downstream    Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):    On    On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):    59    180
Attenuation (0.1 dB):    570    310
Output Power (0.1 dBm):    190    123
Attainable Rate (Kbps):    3,920    996

Downstream    Upstream
Rate (Kbps):    3,616    448

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

that looks like the first btspeedtster test but the diagnostic test follows which shows current profile

your stats don't show your internet connection time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

It doesn't show the diagnostic test because of the error: "The browser session has timed out. Please refresh the main Performance Tester page."

Which is why my speed is probably too slow...

Internet connecting time: 0Day(s) 20:31:17

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

so you need to remain conencted 24/7 for 3/5 days and your profile will recover automatically.  it may happen sooner

0 Ratings