cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 14

Re: Need some help/info from a mod

Hi I also live in Basingstoke and as far as I am aware there are still a lot of cabinets not yet done. The first phase did around 77  and a further 20 or so were done last year but the exchange has 170 cabinets overall.

This map shows all the known cabinet locations and this web page contains useful info. They are a bit out of date as the camapigners have got their connections so have less motivation to keep the campaign going. Suprisingly Basingstoke and Deane Council applied a lot of pressure but they seem to think the job is done you might find giving your local councillor grief might help.

What is missing from the reasons you quote why your area has not been done is economics. In areas with new build cabinets are not yet fully used so economically may not meet the business case I know that many new build areas round here are still waiting. It may also be that BT are also trying to get developers to foot part of the bill so installing the service anyway does damage that idea. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

I can only see 1 BT cabinet, not 2 like you say. However it is a rather large cabinet as shown here:

Could BT only be using 1 cabinet in newbuilds? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 14

That looks like a standard PCP, FTTC cabinets contain DSLAMs that require power and generate heat so are separate and have ventilation slots sorry it looks like that cabinet has not been done yet!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

that is a standard cab fibre cabs have vents fitted and also are not numbered as they take the number of the cab they are connected to
0 Ratings