cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feegee
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Need some help with apparent BB usage

Hi guys, i wonder if someone can help me.  Last night at 9.20pm i received an email to say that i was close to my BB usage, it said i had used 8GB of my 10GB allowance this month since the 1st of June ( i found this odd as i typically use about 4 GB a month) i logged into my account this morning to see that overnight i have used another 4GB, how, i don't know because i was asleep and my pc was not doing anything. I was also away from the 9th -16th June which makes it more unbelievable. If on the rare occasion that i download anything, i  tend to use BT Wi-Fi Fon. Is there anything i can do to dispute this or have it checked out ? I am not good on the telephone due to mild learning difficulties so would appreciate it if someone can help me.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
feegee
Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Need some help with apparent BB usage

Can anyone help me at all ? I have no idea why my usage has suddenly spiked as i have never gone near my usage limit before either with BT or any other provider.  It just seems odd that my usage should actually be less than normal considering i was away for a week, my habits haven't changed either other than downloading an hour long show from BBC Iplayer but i'm sure i used the "Fon" thing for that

I had to have work done in my house last week  (22nd, 23rd & 24th) which meant i had to have my electricity off for a good few hours a day ( so no broadband either for this time.) Could this have made my router go crazy because i can't think of anything else. 

I have not very tech savvy so i don't know if there is a way i can check things and i am going to be charged for over usage

which i don't think i've used.

I have tried to read other threads with the same issue but no one seems to have an answer.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
DanielS
Message 4 of 17

Hi @feegee,

If you had your electricity off, and the Hub off, for those few days you should notice that you had no usage at all. If it's showing usage for those days it could be possible that you have a crossed line. It's best if you spoke with one of us, the moderators. To get in touch, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll be on the left hand side of the page under the about section. Any issues, let me know.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Thank you John for passing this on for me.

DanielS, my hub was only off for some of the time on those days, i think about 6 hours on day 1 and possibly more the next day but i will contact you in a moment anyway. I don't know how to check the hub for my usage readings.

Many thanks: Fee.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

you will find the usage there
feegee
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

@john46 wrote:
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

you will find the usage there

Thanks John, i have a hub 4 so would that explain the screen (below)  i got when i tried your link.

P.S. - sorry if i have done that wrong

screenshot.png

0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Not sure if i have done this right but here goes ............. please forgive my ignorance if it's wrong !!!

Sorry, i removed the screenshot incase it had information on it that isn't for public viewing Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

the same information is available on the hub 4 just post the information there is nothing there not for public view
0 Ratings
feegee
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Ok John, thanks for keeping me right. I will put it back on and then signing off for tonight. I will see what tomorrow brings, lol. 

hub stats.png

0 Ratings