cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 50

Re: Need to be able to upload folders on bt cloud!

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem on my work computer. Have downloaded the client successfully, but I can't add folders to the backup list (only files)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 50

Go to solution

When I go to btcloud.bt.com, there is not a "+ add" button anymore as explained in the BT helpfiles. Normally, one should push the "+ add" button and the webupload window appears. This is not the case anymore.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 50

Go to solution

This whole system is unbelievably rubbish. Come on BT - utter garbage!!!

I use a Mac - and I have 2 accounts on the mac, one for me, one for my wife. We copy all our photographs into the "Shared" folder so we both can access them. So, naturally I want to upload the folder with all the photographs into the BT Cloud area - whilst maintaining the folder structure. Does it work? No. Not a bit of it. If I had all the photographs in my account on the Mac, then it would work just fine - but try to upload a folder outside of the logged in user's home folder? No.

Has anyone else tried to do this and succeeded? Or is it as bad as I think it is??

I'd use anything basic just to copy this data so its stored safely off-site. FTP? No problem. RSync? Not an issue. Just anything to get the data safe. But instead, I get a program that can't even tell me WHY it won't do what I'm asking. Come on - this just isn't fit for purpose. I just upgraded to the unlimited infinity 2 package because of the 50Gigs of cloud storage, and I just can't use it. Seriously disappointed right now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 50

Go to solution

The process for uploading folders from a PC to BT Cloud could be better explained.  Is it any wonder people are confused when the tips page refers only to uploading files?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 50

Go to solution

Just to say that I'm similarly frustrated - BT Cloud documentation is inadequate and confusing while the application is unusable in its present form.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 50

Go to solution

Hi, I agree that the BTinstructions are not helpful, but uploading folders does work ok. 

Start BT Cloud on your windows pc.

Click on the cloud icon in the bottom left hand corener of the BT Cloud screen.

Click on the button "Add folder" and select a folder on yor main system disk to be automatically uploaded to BT Cloud.

Click on the button "ok".

Thereafter BT Cloud will automatically sync your folder up to BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 17 of 50

Go to solution

What's the point of 50GB of storage if it's virtually unuseable!

I've been struggling for ages to work out how to upload folders - why can't you just drag & drop as with other online storage sites?

I can't use the BT Cloud application either as I had to disable it from Startup as it slowed down start up & close too much & anyway I don't wan't to sync files automatically, I want to add manually when I want to.

Oh well, wasted far to much time on BT Cloud already - it's pants 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 50

Go to solution

BT Cloud is utter junk. I do EVERYTHING it tells em to do, and whilst i  can borwse though folders, the word "Add" never appears, instead I awlays have "open", meaning I can browse folders but NEVER am I able to select them or "add" them.

Compare this to Google Drive, whih is simplicity personified by a simple interface that works first time. As a result I un subscribed from BT cloud 100GB and switched to Google. I now have 50gb of free space with BT I simply cannot use because the word "add" never appearss on my Mac.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 50

Go to solution

I'm  using Amazon Glacier - not the most user friendly process (In my case i had to buy an upload client (ARQ for my mac) but at 1p/gb/month it doesnt work out to much.  With the price drop on Amazon S3 i may be tempted to move to that (albeit it costs a tad more)

Should also add that it has a complicated cost structure so if considering this then take a look and read up on it.  I only intend on using it in the event of a disaster (basically house gone) so accessing and browsing isnt a requirement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 20 of 50

Go to solution

I moved to Google Drive too - after recent price drops, 1GB costs about £7.25 ish per month & it just works - drag & drop folders with no need to install any software on your PC to slow it down. How BT Cloud should work 😉

0 Ratings