cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 50

Re: Need to be able to upload folders on bt cloud!

Go to solution

@LesC wrote:

I moved to Google Drive too - after recent price drops, 1GB costs about £7.25 ish per month & it just works - drag & drop folders with no need to install any software on your PC to slow it down. How BT Cloud should work 😉

Google Drive is free, up to 15GB ??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 22 of 50

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@LesC wrote:

I moved to Google Drive too - after recent price drops, 1GB costs about £7.25 ish per month & it just works - drag & drop folders with no need to install any software on your PC to slow it down. How BT Cloud should work 😉

Ooops, I meant 1TB 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 50

Go to solution

@LesC wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@LesC wrote:

Ooops, I meant 1TB 🙂

I did wonder Smiley Wink

It would take some time to upload that amount of data.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 24 of 50

Go to solution

After a few months I thought I'd pop back to see if this issue has been resolved but it appears not - still not possible to drag & drop folders to the BT Cloud website as you can with Google Drive.

I don't want to install the BT Cloud App; why does BT have to make a simple system so complicated and virtually unuseable?

Oh, and as the OP commented, this has not been resolved!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 50

Go to solution

@LesC wrote:

I don't want to install the BT Cloud App; why does BT have to make a simple system so complicated and virtually unuseable?

It seems to be the way BT do things, just look at the ridiculous MYBT/BTID/Email login debacle.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 50

Go to solution

Thank you to everyone that has posted on this forum. I thought it was just me being stupid, but now I realise many other people have had the same problems, namely, the upload destroying the carefully constructed file structure I'd set up to store my images, documents etc, the user-unfriendly interface, the confusion over application and web login, and the utterly dreadful instructions (has anyone found any help articles covering "collections" yet? How does one delete a collection?)

Just imagine losing my 2000 odd photos on my PC and having to reallocate them all from the downloaded copies, let alone all my documents.

Sorry BT, I'm cancelling my order and on the suggestion of others going to look into using Google instead.

By the way, does anyone from BT ever look at these forums and, more importantly, do they actually act on them? Prove me wrong, BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 50

Go to solution

@A-and-M wrote:

Hi, I agree that the BTinstructions are not helpful, but uploading folders does work ok. 

Start BT Cloud on your windows pc.

Click on the cloud icon in the bottom left hand corener of the BT Cloud screen.

Click on the button "Add folder" and select a folder on yor main system disk to be automatically uploaded to BT Cloud.

Click on the button "ok".

Thereafter BT Cloud will automatically sync your folder up to BT Cloud.

However as far as I can tell, the files within your folder lose their folder structure when uploaded. I have 100Gb of BT Cloud storage ("free") but don't use it as the thought of having to recreate my photos folder structure should I wish to recover everything is too terrifying to contemplate.

I pay for 100Gb of Google Drive storage which doesn't have this problem - oh so easy to use!

Simon

PS maybe this thread is dead by now but I still haven't heard of a solution to the basic problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 50

Go to solution

BT have now given me 500GB of offline storage but without the facility to retain the folder structure for uploaded files (originals NOT copies) so for my space-saving requirement, BT Cloud is useless.

BT Cloud Sync seems to work OK but then I've got multiple copies on all my devices!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 29 of 50

Go to solution

@Kadeo26 wrote:

BT have now given me 500GB of offline storage but without the facility to retain the folder structure for uploaded files (originals NOT copies) so for my space-saving requirement, BT Cloud is useless.

BT Cloud Sync seems to work OK but then I've got multiple copies on all my devices!

BT Cloud is very good at file sharing, so it's worth keeping it.

One method of retaining the file structures is to bundle files in groups as zipped folders.

This is time consuming, but, if done carefully will keep some order. This is a long process perhaps, but what are you going to do with 500GB of files?........You aren't going to look at them every day.

victor_meldrew, in one of his posts, seems to have worked out a way of uploading files from the desktop application without creating duplicates.

As far as I know, the web application version of BT Cloud will upload files or zipped folders without creating duplicate copies in the pc folders.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 50

Go to solution

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@Kadeo26 wrote:

BT Cloud is very good at file sharing, so it's worth keeping it.

One method of retaining the file structures is to bundle files in groups as zipped folders.

This is time consuming, but, if done carefully will keep some order. This is a long process perhaps, but what are you going to do with 500GB of files?........You aren't going to look at them every day.

victor_meldrew, in one of his posts, seems to have worked out a way of uploading files from the desktop application without creating duplicates.

As far as I know, the web application version of BT Cloud will upload files or zipped folders without creating duplicate copies in the pc folders.

Zipping audio/video/photo files does seem like the way ahead to me.

0 Ratings