Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Need to migrate to ADSL2+

Go to solution

I have been on Standard Broadband for a number of years, migrated from ADSL to ADSL2+ in November 2017. Nice stable line and no issues, getting 14 - 15Mb download and 1.0 upload.

I then had a failed migration to Fibre, left we without Broadband for over 2 weeks. Openreach need to run some extra cables to get me on to Fibre, planned for later this year.

But the real PITA is I was put back on to 8Mb standard broaband, after having a enjoyed ADSL2+ before! Two pointless Openreach engineer visits later, stating that there is nothing wrong with your line and BT need to request a migration...  Nothing happens and still on ADSL despite hours on the phone to customer services.

How do you request a migration or even speak to someone who knows the difference between ADSL & ADSL2+?

Gav

current linestatus
state: UP
mode: ADSL
mod type: G992.1 DMT
snr margin down: 11.9 dB
snr margin up: 29.0 dB
rate down: 8128
rate up: 448

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Need to migrate to ADSL2+

Go to solution

See if forum mods can help you. They will post here with link to a form to complete. After completing form it could take 2/3 days for mods to get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Gavt100 Sorry that you were unable to get put back to ADSL2+. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Will do, many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Many Thanks to John, thats me back on ADSL2+ and now sync at 13Mb!

I have a nice quiet line so sure it will drop the target noise margin to 3dB over the coming days

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

good result

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Gavt100 It was me who helped you with this so thanks for posting back with the update I'm glad that ADSL2+ is working for you now Smiley Happy

0 Ratings