cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Neighbour (BT Engineer) has Infinity despite checker saying they can't - can I?

Go to solution

I would delete your address for security as this is a public forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Re: Neighbour (BT Engineer) has Infinity despite checker saying they can't - can I?

Go to solution
were both sets of results obtained using phone number in the checker
0 Ratings
srogers
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

The link suggested was an address checker so I used that.  Out postcodes are different however, so it's a slighltly different check

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution
If no cabinet number was shown, you may be on an Exchange Only line - no chance of FTTC.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution
the phone number check is the only accurate one slect that option
0 Ratings
srogers
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Both phone number and address checker have no cabinet number - guess I must be direct to the exchange then which means I'll never get it and my neighbour must be mistaken.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

You could always email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and ask. They should know for sure.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
eSiennaSkye
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

I've emailed NGA a lot now and if you get the right person to reply they can extremely helpful believe it or not.

Tell them your situation and keep at it. It might take a few back and forth emails but I'm confident you'll get the situation sorted or at least get a clear explanation of what's going on with your postcode area in regards to Fibre access 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you felt my post was informative and helpful then please click the star below my name/avatar.

Cheers!
0 Ratings