cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuliaP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Neighbours Either Side Get Fibre But I Cant - please help!

Go to solution

I know this has been asked a lot of times but I am desperate to get  super fast fibre. I work from home some of the week and I have been checking the status for super fast for about 2 years!! I eventually saw fibre  had been enabled in our road and even got a card through the door from BT saying it had been enabled  and we could order it, but despite all my neighbours showing up as being able to have it ( I checked them on the openreach checker) I cannot.

Please can a moderator have a look for me? I am currently on very poor adsl with speeds around 2mbps which often drops out.  It is pretty diabolocal. 

On the BT checker it just says 'fibre is enabled but we might be too far away.' Being as one neighbour is further away from the cabinet than me (and can order fibre) that makes no sense. It is a rural area in Suffolk. 

One odd thing is that we are all on the same  exchange and cabinet but when I put my neighbours address in the BT checker it says 'Technology FTTC' but mine says 'Technology --'  as if it does not even recognize our technology. 

Here is the screenshot from openreach. Note the neighbours also have something called VDSL available and mine does not show anything like that.  I am desperately hoping it is a database error as I really really need fibre or even half decent broadband to work at home. Thank you.

SS fibre.jpg

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Neighbours Either Side Get Fibre But I Cant - please help!

Go to solution
VDSL is fibre Infinity or whatever different providers call their fibre product
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
Do the neighbours also show as connected to cabinet 4?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
JuliaP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Webby thank you for responding. Yes we are all on the same cabinet 4  - it is very rural so there is only one!! I found out last night that the road which is practically out of the village well beyone my house  is also on cabinet 4  (even further away) and they can put an order in  - and it literally is only me (I have checked loads) that cannot order it. 

Thank you.

0 Ratings
JuliaP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Thank you John - I wondered what it was. Weird it is not showing that I can get it when everyone else can on the same cabinet. 

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
Looks like a database issue
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
JuliaP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Thank you - I have already filled a form in on the openreach site but do you know if  there anythung else I can do to get it fixed?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution
This was a public funded BDUK cabinet. I suggest contacting www.betterbroadbandsuffolk.com who should be able to get Openreach to update their database.
JuliaP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution
Thank you I will do that!! Really appreciate your help.
0 Ratings
JuliaP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Hello, 

I contacted Better Broadband Suffolk but no response. I  also filled in the open reach form and got a response -just saying the pole was too far from the cabinet. However this pole is shared by several other houses  - some further from the cabinet than me, which are showing as can get fibre so this cannot be the answer. I  am at my wits end and feel there is simply an issue with the database but I cannot find out how to get anyone to look at it. Can anyone  assist me any further? I would be massively grateful as it is so frustrating being the only house in my village who cannot get fibre and our asdl is horrendous! 

Thank you

0 Ratings