cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harrisimo02
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Neighbours all have fibre in or available

My neighbours all have fibre in or else available to them.

I had the engineer out yesterday who installed a line for me and also informed me that I should be able to get fibre. He checked the cabinet I'm connected to and seen that out of a new set of 100 fibre connections there is about 80 available.

Yet when I check with the openreach or with BT their checker is telling me that I can't get fibre! Quite frustrating!! I find it really strange that my neighbours have fibre either installed or available, the engineer says my cabinet is nowhere near full but yet I can't order fibre!

Has anyone else had this issue? Any help on resolution would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Neighbours all have fibre in or available

If your line only went active today, it'll take about a week formthe relevant databases to update to show it as available.

Keep checking the checker.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Harrisimo02
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Ok cheers Webby, will do!
0 Ratings
Harrisimo02
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi, so the latest update I have is that when my line is checked by using my land line number I can get fibre, although when an address search is performed (NAD??) it says I can't have fibre...?

Any ideas on how to resolve would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 6

The result from the number check is the one that matters. If it says you can get it then order.

Harrisimo02
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Cool, cheers
0 Ratings