cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Neighbours can all get fibre, but not me.

Signed up for BT fibre, top package with all the bells and whistles, 4K box etc - and then got an email to say this was cancelled because of an incorrect address issue and a service couldn't be provided by BT. Then our builder gave us a new postcode, but BT still couldn't provide fibre when checked.

Sky gave me a connection, And promised me fibre, and that was that, 3 months later, no fibre - "stuck in openreach system" I'm told - address problems and issues with new cabling. I now have an awful adsl speed, after being promised fibre twice, and in the end just taking anything I could get!

Anyway to cut a long story short, all my neighbours (next door, over the road & behind me) in every direction all have fibre, Iv actually gone door to door!

I want to get back with BT on their fibre product, but the checker tells me that I can't get fibre, despite all my neighbours having it. I'm on the same cabinet, My BT wiring duct is less than 8m away from my nearest fibre enabled neighbours street wiring ... But I can't get anyone to come and install my fibre! How can I get BT to look at this, I know something is wrong with their database, otherwise it makes no sense.

Any help emails or contacts appreciated!
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Neighbours can all get fibre, but not me.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

I have the same problem both the houses on both sides of me have fibre yet I have been told by bt that I can't get it don't understand why

Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 16

Hi Buncey, 

Welcome and thanks for your post. It certainly sounds like something is not right with the records held for you. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will try and get this sorted for you. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Hi Olga, I have messaged you via the contact the mods form. I had an email today to say that the reason I cant get fibre, is because i am 3km away from cabinet 18. Now, I know wires are unlikely to travel in a straight line... But I have a good suspicion that this is how our cables lie, I watched them build this estate, day after day week after week, and watched openreach lay the lines. From what I have calculated, I am approx 0.8km away from cabinet 18, which is situated on the corner of Thorneycroft Road, and Great Bridge Road (easy to spot, has a huge white "18" on the front of it)

Even if it went backwards and forwards 3x, it still wouldnt be too long, plus my neighbours all have fibre!

I really hope you can sort this, im at my wits end!

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 17.22.56.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Hi. Putting my number into that gives me an error about it not being a bt line.

Putting my address in shows ADSL2+ as the best I can get. Putting in the address of the house opposite mine, or my direct neighbour, shows fibre availability. I actually knocked on doors to see if they had fibre, and they all do.

I believe this cockup is to do with the postal records being messed up, as this address actually shows up under a different postcode as well as ours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Just need to wait in mods getting back to you as they will help. It can take 3/5 working days after completing the email before mods get back to you as you are in a queue of others waiting for help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Just waiting on openreach to look into this now. Hopefully they see the fault and I can get back on board with BT!

My house is still showing on 2 seperate postcodes on some broadband checkers, and the DSL checker for me still returns no fibre... Has anyone any knowledge on how quickly this sort of thing can be altered or if indeed, it ever does.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

All you can do is wait for the Mods to contact you there will have been delays caused by the holiday period
0 Ratings