Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharkbyt3
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Neighbours either side of me can get BT fibre but I cannot

Hi,

It's a (relatively) new build estate and we initially had long delays getting any sort of Internet, once that was solved they promised fibre would follow suit shortly - to BT/Openreach's credit it did. The issue here is that, as the title suggests, the entire street (both neighbours included) are eligible for fibre broadband, I however am not.

We've tried many times to get this resolved through BT and Openreach but they just keep saying the same thing, that our property is not eligible for fibre broadband, even though we are all connected to the same exchange. I believe that originally there was an issue, where BTs systems believed us to be connected to a different exchange (data input error!) but we have been assured that this is resolved. There was also a supposed issue that when the engineer came out to set-up fibre from the exchange to our street, there was an errant connection which he could not determine it's end point as it wasn't listed on the system, this being our connection, instead of resolving the issue, the engineer ignored it and moved on proceeding to turn on fibre for all properties except ours.

It's clear that there is still an issue as when I do do BT infinity checker, our property is prefixed with 'Temp'. I can only assume that it isn't worth BT/Openreach's time or money to resolve this issue, as it would only generate additional revenue from a single property.

Any suggestions on how to proceed to get this issue resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Neighbours either side of me can get BT fibre but I cannot

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sharkbyt3
Beginner
Message 3 of 22

Untitled.png

Does that help? Does this not just confirm what they are saying, that the property is not eligible?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

what exchange and cab number were shown?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sharkbyt3
Beginner
Message 5 of 22

CRESSINGTON and Cabinet 3
0 Ratings
sharkbyt3
Beginner
Message 6 of 22

I can see that my next door neighbours are connected to CRESSINGTON Cabinet 18
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

Cressington cab 3 certainly has fibre  looks like you are on a different cabinet  checker says cab 3 is located about L17 6AY

0 Ratings
sharkbyt3
Beginner
Message 8 of 22

My postcode is L19 8HT - when I put my landline into Openreach's fibre roll-out plan it tells me that the cabinet does have fibre (as you rightly pointed out) but, "Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options. If you'd like us to let you know if fibre becomes available, register your details."

Is there any legitimate reason why I would be connected to an exchange so far away considering my neighbours are connected to one much closer and my property is physically closer to said exchange!?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 22

It all depends on the amount of capacity available at each cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

do you know roughly how far you are from cab 3 bearing in mind that the actual distance is robably greater than the road distance

original.png

0 Ratings