cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

Neighbours have fast broadband with yourselves and I have only been offered 3mb guaranteed package.

Go to solution

I have a prime account to watch movies and cctv camera but I won't be able to have access to either with 3mb package. Why is my neighbour able to get fast broadband and I am being offered this speed?

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: Neighbours have fast broadband with yourselves and I have only been offered 3mb guaranteed packa

Go to solution

No idea without any more information.

Can you enter your phone number in the checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and post a screenshot of the result. Edit out your number before posting the screenshot. If you don't have a BT line currently, enter your address.

Message 3 of 30

Re: Neighbours have fast broadband with yourselves and I have only been offered 3mb guaranteed packa

Go to solution

Are you a BT broadband customer?  If so enter your phone number and post results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 30

Go to solution

I just moved in and can see the bt box in the house but when I put my postcode I get 3mb unlike my neighbours property. Not sure how to resolve this. I will pay extra if needed to get it in.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 30

Go to solution

How fast is "fast"? If we're talking VDSL (FTTC) then maybe the cabinet is full, leaving only ADSL as an option.

If that's the case & you're willing to pay, then see if FTTP On Demand is available on the checker. I believe there's a lower cost trial underway until May but you could still be looking at around £2.5k.

Or maybe look at a 4/5G solution if coverage is good.

Message 6 of 30

Go to solution

It's not a question of paying extra, either fast broadband is available or it isn't.

Can you please post the requested screenshot using your complete address, not just postcode.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

Go to solution

@rbz5416  you would be looking at vastly more than £2.5k for FTTPod

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

Go to solution

3mb is slow. 65mb is fast....er. Thank you for your reply. I'll see if I can find out why this is the case and see if there is a solution before wondering how much it will cost if it can't be resolved. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

Go to solution

@licquorice 

I was going by this.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

Go to solution

The cases that are covered by the lower charge will be very few and far between, not the norm.

@onewaysteps unless you post the required information, we are unable to help

0 Ratings