cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 30

Re: Net Protect Plus Windows 10

I was using BT McAfee product on Win8 Pro and it worked fine (zilch resource issues) and recently upgraded to Win10 Pro and product works fine bar one issue .......... Site Advisor doesn't work in Win 10 Pro using the new Edge Browser (haven't tried any other browser) but ime Site Advisor is always a bit behind the rest of that package.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 30

@TrickyDicky wrote:

I was using BT McAfee product on Win8 Pro and it worked fine (zilch resource issues) and recently upgraded to Win10 Pro and product works fine bar one issue .......... Site Advisor doesn't work in Win 10 Pro using the new Edge Browser (haven't tried any other browser) but ime Site Advisor is always a bit behind the rest of that package.

From what I have read on the on the Interweb, MS Edge makes Internet Explorer look like a well defined polished bit of software. I was using Firefox on Windows 7, and I still am on Windows 10. Site Advisor works fine on Firefox.

Chris.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 30

Try IE11, or Firefox.
Edge doesn't support add-ons such as Internet Security "site advisers" at the moment. It's not just McAfee but others.
So it will not show in either searches or in toolbars.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 30

Yes Ribblelancs you are correct thank you for that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 30

I am running Windows 10 again (long story).

I am getting Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap erorrs on start up. I get three in a row then it attempt a repair (which fails), I then shut down and it power back up and Windows 10 starts.

I have noticed that after logging in BT Netprotect Plus shuts down. Windows Defender kicks in and I have to restart BT Netprotect Plus manually.

May be it's not Windows 10 ready after all!

About box says Mcafee Security Center version 14.0 Build 14.0.1076

Chris.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 30

According to Mcafee version 14.0.1029 onwards is Windows 10 compatible...

Odd.

Chris.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 30

The problem i have is net protect plus on auto, downloads update on windows 10 but does not auto update the program ! to start the update you must manually click to accept.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 30

I have the same problem as downlands.  Not the end of the world but vaguely irritating.  I assume it's Windows 10 because it seemed to start about when it was installed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 30

I have also experienced problems with Protect plus amd Windows 10
Some websites won't load and DNS problem message shows.
Tier 2 help did not understand the problem and so I uninstalled BT protect and re-installed Avg internet security and now back to normal
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 30

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post. You've done just what most of us here would advise. QED.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings