cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

NetProtect Plus

Is anybody else suffering with a persistent McAfee splash screen that tells you that the latest updates have been installed?

I cannot get rid of the splash screen which obscures a sizeable part of my desktop. I have ticked the "Do not show this alert again" box and even if I click OK the scree persists!

I am running Windows Vista 64bit. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: NetProtect Plus

PeterR,

Is this still happening? If so, fill out the contact us form in the about me section of my profile.
Cheers,
Chris
BT Forum Moderator.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
PeterR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I have found the settings tab and unticked everything. This has stopped the system telling me that it has updated however the changes I make to the settings are not persistent across reboots. Unless I go to settings and untick everything each time I boot then I get a splash creen that will not go away every time I put a USB stick into my PC.

So part of the problem is solved but there is still a problem retaining settings across boot cycles.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Note there is another thread running about BTNet Protect Plus which, for me anyway, has just downloaded (15.12.11) a complete new update.

See:  http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BTNetProtectPlus/td-p/344779

0 Ratings
Solutions4u
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi PeterR,
You need to stop the McAfee splash service by going to the services page on your computer.
0 Ratings
PeterR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Sorry for being thick but where is the "services page on my computer"!?

0 Ratings
Solutions4u
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hi PeterR
if you are using win xp, go to start(left hand bottom corner of the computer screen)> run>type''services.msc'' without quotes in the box and press ok. You will get the services page, now select the splash service from the list of services mentioned, right click on the appropriate service and stop it, also select its start up as automatic.
If you are using win vista or win 7, you need to click start>type ''services.msc'' without quotes in the start search box and press enter, follow the same process as in win xp.
Hope this will solve the problem.
0 Ratings
PeterR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I'm afraid not. Whatever I do I get these irritating splash screens that do not respond and persist using up valuable desktop space. I am using fully up to date Windows Vista (64bit). My old laptop using Windows Vista (32bit) didn't suffer from this, neither does my new laptop running Windows 7 (64bit). This looks to me like an issue with Netprotect's interaction with Windows Vista (64bit). Any chance that someone can get this fixed please?

0 Ratings