cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Netflix 1st Impressions are good

I have an extra box so took out the £6.99 option ... which I would have done anyway if I had one box to secure HD ... so no "pain" with that decision.

Imo the selection is very good (TV & Film) and I have started to catch up on a few TV series that previously were not available to me. Last night I watched my first HD movie (Mr & Mrs Smith) the picture quality was excellent and my Panasonic did an excellent job of the sound via its "enhanced surround sound" option.

I left my BTY Film/TV bolt on in place while I gave Netflix a try but I will cancel the former shortly.

I like the optoin of being able to keep the payment for Netflix within my monthly BT Youview "basket" too!!

Imo it's a seriously good move by BT   

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Netflix 1st Impressions are good

How do you find the sound sync with the picture? I agree the HD picture is good, but I find the sound is up to about a second out of sync with the picture. I've posted about this before. It's not my setup, as all the other players and Internet channels are perfectly in sync, so it has to be a problem specific to Netflix.
0 Ratings
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

I have not noticed this so far on what I have watched & on

Box 1

I have watched via Panasonic TV + Panasonic Home Theatre (PHT) + G4 Box with an optical connection between G4 box & PHT and also just via TV + G4

Box 2 similar to the latter but the TV is Sony & box is Humax BT Youview

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

OK, thanks. As I've mentioned on my other thread, it must be just me then. I've tried it both through my normal soundbar/HDMI-ARC setup, and with the sound coming straight through the TV's speakers (I also have a G4 box), and I get the sync issues in both cases.

I must just be 'eagle eyed' then.  😉

0 Ratings