Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shinymcshine
Beginner
Message 31 of 40

Re: Netflix connection

Just had another call from BT tech support

He ran a full diagnostic on my HH3 and said that everything was working fine as far as he's concerned. I mentioned the threads here but he said since my HH3 is working fine if I wanted a new home hub I'd have to pay for it.

Problem is still not solved, and I don't know what else I can do 😞
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 32 of 40

Hi @shinymcshine Sorry that you couldn't get this sorted when you contacted the technical team. 

We will be happy to look into this for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
shinymcshine
Beginner
Message 33 of 40

Thank you for your response, I've completed the contact form, and just received a confirmation email.

0 Ratings
NickV
Beginner
Message 34 of 40

Re: Netflix issue (again)

HI,

I had lost Netflix, suddenly with Hhub3. Went through all the resets on TV (Panasonic), router, deactivating all devices on Netflix account etc. After many weeks, saw post on here that said could be the BT hub. So i bought myself a Hhub5. All great, worked fine..........for about 5 months. Now it has stopped again, same symptoms. All other web services (eg BBC iPlayer) etc work fine, have done resets etc....nothing.

I'm about to quit BT for good, maybe to Sky with SkyQ and broadband etc...

Anyone had any other success here?

0 Ratings
NickV
Beginner
Message 35 of 40

Re: Netflix connection Hub 5!

HI,

I had lost Netflix, suddenly with Hhub3. Went through all the resets on TV (Panasonic), router, deactivating all devices on Netflix account etc. After many weeks, saw post on here that said could be the BT hub. So i bought myself a Hhub5. All great, worked fine..........for about 5 months. Now it has stopped again, same symptoms. All other web services (eg BBC iPlayer) etc work fine, have done resets etc....nothing.

I'm about to quit BT for good, maybe to Sky with SkyQ and broadband etc...

Anyone had any other success here?

0 Ratings
WilfH
Contributor
Message 36 of 40

you don't indicate what you're using to to access Netflix.

If it's a PC try disabling any net Protect software you might have installed as others have indicated on these forums that this can be a problem.
0 Ratings
NickV
Beginner
Message 37 of 40

Sorry - its a Panasonic Viera smart TV. 

Worked well for months with Hhub3...then stopped Netflix.

Eventually bought Hhub 5 - WORKED! .....for approx 5 months. Now stopped again...

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 38 of 40

HH5 firmware hasn't been updated since 29th October 2016 though (at least mine hasn't). Update times probably vary a little depending on one's locality, but did your systems stop working with HH5 for you anywhere near that date, or only very recently?  If only very recently then firmware update can be eliminated as a cause.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 40

This link is one of many on Panasonic TV problems

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/PANASONIC-VIERA-CONNECTION-PROBLEM/m-p/746402#M4...

just enter PANASONIC-VIERA into the forum search for many more posts on this TV
0 Ratings
kalamazoo
Contributor
Message 40 of 40

We too have a HH5 and have problems with Netflix, not to mention Youtube and Amazon Video. We just get started with a film and after a few minutes it freezes and buffers and we cant get started again. So frustrating! We are on Unlimited BT Infinity 2 and my download speed this morning was 64.52. The only other devices usually on whilst trying to access these three is one ipad and my iphone. We use powerline adaptors as the hub is on the 1st floor and the Youview box is downstairs at the other side of the house. Would we have better luck if we could somehow connect the hub to the box with an ethernet cable? Ive given up ringing BT for an answer as the people you speak to read from a script and just keep telling me to unplug, reboot etc etc which I'm not doing several times every night just to watch something. BTW we have a fully smart Samsung TV.

0 Ratings