Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lokibrowne381
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Netflix error code ui-113

Hello,

I have recently started using my Netflix account via a humax freeway box and I have been getting the error code ui-113 connection problems.

I'm using a homehub3 and Netflix works perfect on laptop or iPad through the same router. I have tried restarting HH and Humax box, port forwarding and DNS flush and everything results in the same error.

i have contacted BT and have been told that the problem is with Netfix and not BT. I have seen other threads on this forum but can't seem to see what the solution has been?

can anyone advise? 

Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
markeagles4
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Netflix error code ui-113

I had a simular error 308 i think this was to do with BT Parental Control and BT Protect , i have turned them off for the time being and netflix wirks fine.

0 Ratings
Lokibrowne381
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for your message. I don't have any parental controls turned on so this won't be the problem.
Thanks again
0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

I take it you have done all the usual checks, app updates, box updates, ect..........

ui-113 means that data needs to be refreshed on the device. netflix recomend resetting and/or signing out of the app and then sign back in

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14423

go to set-top box and go thro the steps listed there, if it doesnt work then check your router settings and make sure UPNP is on.

What router you useing?

0 Ratings
Lokibrowne381
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi Andy,
Yes I've already followed the steps offered by Netflix. I'll have a look this evening about the UPNP settings. The router is the home hub 3. I've seen other threads suggesting this could be the problem?
Thanks for looking into this.
0 Ratings
nikkip104
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Netflix connection error with smart tvs

Has anyone got an answer to this issue yet please. I was unaware of this issue until I purchased a smart TV yesterday and am now unable to view Netflix as I planned to. I have the BT smart hub and infinity. Getting the nw-2-5 error. Last post seems to be march this year with no updates since. Do I revert to HH5 to solve issue. Tried everything else including hours on phone with BT. Thanks.
0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Re: Netflix connection error with smart tvs

From netflix.....

Netflix Error NW-2-5

If you experience the error code NW-2-5 while attempting to stream Netflix, it is typically caused by an Internet connectivity problem preventing your device from reaching the Netflix service.

What router you using at the moment if your not using the hub?

if its a new smart tv then check the firmware is up to date and the app is up to date. other thing that jumps to mind is a ip conflict, maybe set it to a custom static address.
0 Ratings
nikkip104
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I am using the smart hub and have scanned for all updates. I still have my old hh5 that I could revert back to add I read others had done that successfully from earlier hubs. I had just seen nothing new on this matter since march and was hoping I was on the smart hub the problem may have been corrected. Spoke to BT and it seems not. I have set my Xbox up currently and sign in to watch Netflix through that. Just annoying I bought the TV to do away with a free sat box and TV plugged in. I now still have two pieces of equipment.
0 Ratings
Datsun_Zed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Lots of us went through this back in Jan/Feb/march this year. One of the faults was a certain model of HH3 that wouldnt behave with Netflix or smart TV's. BT eventually acknowledged this and offered to send out replacement HH3s that WOULD work. 

Personally I just "upgraded" to the HH5 and the problems was solved.

I can only speak for me. There was a big thread and the Mods DID contact me (and I assume others) to offer assistance to the problem.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Netflix-connection-error/m-p/1590215#M119465

HTH

D_Z

Additional: Many many many of us went through the "it's not us its them...it's not us it's them" routine: With me it was, Netflix, Sony and BT. Frustrating as hell!!

0 Ratings