cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Netflix not working on Amazon Fire when connected to BT broadband

I've got a couple of Kindle Fire tablets for my kids for Christmas.  I've loaded up Netflix on them, but just can't get netflix to work when connected to my home wifi through BT broadband - I keep getting connection related errors such as 

'please make sure that your device has network connectivity and the date and time settings are accurate (-3)'

Same issue occours on both Kindle Fire devices.

BUT, if I connect via my mobile 4G internet then Netflix works fine - the issue is isolated to my BT broadband connection

Network connection is fine on other apps on the tablet, Neflix works fine on other devices connected to BT broadband, but it seems the combination of Kindle Fire tablet and BT broadband just doesn't mix.

I've attempted all the fixes that have been suggested by Netflix themselves and other users (clearing cache and app data, reinstalling etc.  I even factory reset my Kindle fire but no joy).

Really keen to get this working so hoping someone may have some bright ideas on how to sort this out.  Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Netflix not working on Amazon Fire when connected to BT broadband

Are you using a Home Hub, and which one?

I had this isssue on various equipment around the house with Netflix, using a HH3 which worked fine up till earlier this year though my brother always had issues with his new Sony TV with Netflix. Upgraded to a HH6 back in June, and not had any issues with Netflix since.

I forgot have a Kindle Fire Tablet, and FireTV which are working OK with Netflix just checked.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you have a home hub 4, 5, or 6, then try disabling smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

I have got exactly the same issue although I have got two Kindle Fire's and Netflix works on one of them and not the other! Very frustrating when it works for one of your children and not the other.
Gone through all the same recommended fixes that both Netflix and Amazon have suggested but with no joy. Amazon's technical team are looking into it but I am not holding my breathe.
I can stream other sites showing video etc and can use it to watch Netflix when it is connected to the internet via my phone. It also worked when I used a BT Homehub 3 at my parents but it really doesn't like my homehub 5.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi can you let me know if you have managed to sort this problem.  I am having exactly the same problem with Amazon fire Kindles, bt hub 5 & netflix app.  I have tried seperating SSID & changing channels.  The app works fine on friends & familys wifi.  Its driving me crazy!!!

0 Ratings