cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NobbyG
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Netflix pausing at 25%...

Hi, I have a You View Box which i connect via Powerline Adaptor, everything works perfectly, however on Netflix, i am constantly getting it pausing and buffering and then it reaches 25% and i have to turn off the You View box and wait a few minutes before it loads up again.  Any ideas as sometime it happens at the most inopportune moments and is really frustrating.

Nobby

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
DavidM
Message 2 of 15

Re: Netflix pausing at 25%...

Hi NobbyG,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the netflix pausing. Is there any way you can try connecting directly, without the powerline adaptors, and check if it's still happening? If you can do that and let us know how you get on it might point us in the right direction.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
NobbyG
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

That is very difficult to do with the setup we have I am afraid. 

0 Ratings
grahamy52
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

I am having the same problem. No help from Netflix. I get over it by just leaving it a while with the retry button on screen. Most times pressing restart button it reloads. **bleep** annoying but dont know how to get round it.
0 Ratings
NobbyG
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 6 of 15

Hi All,

I've been looking at this issue and have managed to get some packet captures from a customer premises which I will start to analyse.

If you could try with a cable as a temporary measure then that would be amazing. Also if you PM me your Broadband phone number then I can rule out broadband performance from the equation.

Thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
candy01
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Im having the same issue with our youview box since our old 'arcnet' power adapters broke and bt sent us there new 'bt power adapters'...

Seems to be that the new black power adapters aren't working properly. I mentioned this to bt a few days ago and asked if they could send me the old 'arcnet white power adapters' but they just sent the 'bt' black ones and it didn't work!

Hopefully this may help find the issue, i know virgins tivo have been having this problem ongoing sice 2014 so hopefully bt can solve it. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

I have never used powerline
I use an old buffalo ethernet bridge 300 mbps it works perfectly with the youview box
The tv has netflix 4K and works fine with that too
I believe you can buy equivalent products that will work better than powerline and you can connect 4 devices at the same time. Some are even wireless ac
0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 15

It is a Netflix issue - not BT

The Virginmedia forums are flooded with the same 25% complaints saying VM should get it fixed.

Netflix always blames the ISP - even though they are the only common factor.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR).
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

If you have netlix in your TV don't use the one in the youview box performance is poor and it has a lot of picture enhancements that ruin the image

0 Ratings