cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Netprotect Plus

I recently renewed my 'Infinity 1' contract with BT but (like others it seems) had to uninstall Netrotect Plus and reinstall it. WHY ?? Again, the option to download it was not available on the 'My BT' page and I too had to wait about 6 days before someone from 2nd line support could make it available again.

Having eventually downloaded it Ok I have noticed that now whenever I download my emails using Windows Live Mail (Windows 10) the program runs incredibly slow, and moving the mouse pointer around the screen makes it jump erratically. Once the emails have been downloaded the program runs fine.

The Security Center is Ver 14, Build 14.0.9029

Anti-Virus is Ver 18, Build 18.0.9019

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Netprotect Plus

Your problem would appear to be the email being scanned is causing your computer to slow down.

My advice and that of others on the forum would be to uninstall BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. Do a search of the forum to see the problems. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free.

If you do want to uninstall BTNetprotect use this guide and make sure you use the BTNetprotect/McAfee removal tool after you have restarted your computer.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13523

If you do want to re use BT Netprotect, uninstall it using this guide along with the BTNetprotect/McAfee removal tool after a restart and then reinstall. This might resolve your problem.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38369/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Netprotect Plus

Thanks for that but I have used McAfee for several years and never had a problem. Even the Netprotect Plus worked fine for the length of my 18 month contract with BT (which had to be included with Infinity 1 option). It is only since BT forced me to uninstall and re-install, which is rather stupid and totally unnecessary, since I should end up with exactly the same software as I had before, but obviously something is different.

0 Ratings