cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanewhe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 54

Re: Network Upgrade = Slower Speed and disconnections!

Hi to all,

I am another St Leonards (Hastings) user also affected by this upgrade. I logged a fault with BT 4 days ago even though it was only day 6 since the upgrade.

I am experiencing download speeds averaging 0.2Mbps, prior to the upgrade it was a very healthy 6.5Mbps.

BT phone me once per day to check on the situation but to no avail as the speed hasn't increased depite an engineer having worked on the situation, presumably at the exchange.

We are now at the end of the 10 day settling down period and still no increase in speed.

0 Ratings
shanewhe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 54

My most recent speedtester stats are below.

Download Speed

118 Kbps

0 Kbps21000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 118 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-21000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :12022 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 888 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 10000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 77.22:10.12:12.66 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

My Homehub stats are below. I rebooted the homehub this morning as that is what the BT support dept advised. I have my reservations though as I thought the hub needs to be permanently connected to allow the line to settle and set the speed.

ADSL line status

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 1:27:23
Downstream12,022 Kbps
Upstream888 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.8 dB / 13.8 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)33.5 dB / 14.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.5 dBm
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 54

you have a similar problem to jayhawk.  your down sync and stats look fine as does your profile. The problem is your throughput.  I would email the mods forum.moderation.team@bt.com and give them your phone number, account number and a link to this post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shanewhe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 54

Very many thanks. I will do as you suggest.
0 Ratings
kittyk192
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 54

Hello all,

Same problem here too, had max download speed of 30kb/s for the last week or two....... and guess what im from st leonards too....

results are taken from  test 5-10 mins ago

Download speedachieved during the test was - 93 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-7150 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :3840 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 3000 Kbps The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 37.86:11.61:50.53 (SBE:NBE:PBE) These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

katrina

**** info from router****

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 6:04:59
Downstream3,840 Kbps
Upstream

448 Kbps

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.6 dB / 27.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)41.0 dB / 23.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)18.6 dBm / 11.9 dBm
0 Ratings
rwabraham
Beginner
Message 26 of 54

Just to add myself as another disgruntled St Leonards user. I spent half an hour on the phone to support in India last night and got nowhere. Not once did they mention that there had been a recent upgrade to the exchange. Eventually I managed to get here to contact engineering but she just wanted to try and pin the problem on my extension wiring. It was marginally better this morning at 1M but I think it has slowed to the 100ks again now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 54

interesting that everhopeful, Jayhawk and Kittyk192 are on adslmax and Shanewhe is on 21CN adsl2+ but all have the same problems - poor throughput and think they are on same exchage.  StephanieG is looking into the problem so probably patience is called for at the moment

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
1otheranoyedcustomer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 54

guess what im from hastings before the upgrade i had a steady 7-8 meg dl speed now since the update i have under 0.5 meg (every speed test iv run on http://www.speedtest.net/ says download 0.03MB/s or less and upload 0.04MB/s) every time i use the btspeedtester it says 90-140 kbps bt say i should have 15 meg been on the phone for 3 days now with a diffrent person each time just saying the samw thing " ok i will pass this on to the engineers we will call you tommorow"

ehchange checker

http://www.nildram.net/support/tools/congestion_checker/

Results for exchange: Hastings Congestion

Congestion status on this exchange is amber AMBER.

Your telephone line has been identified as being on a congested exchange. If you are receiving varying speeds between 400kbs - 2000kbs at different times of the day this is likely to be a result of the congestion issue.

A provisional date of Dec 13, 2008 has been set for upgrading this exchange.

my hub says

Broadband connection details:
Downstream2,731 Kbps
Upstream440 Kbps
Connection time0 days, 1:28:57
Data transmitted5.68 MB
Data received26.50 MB

bt speed checker says .... will update when the **bleep** thing actually works its stuck on 96% for the 3rd time today

update

btspeedtester says

Download Speed
    51 Kbps

0 Kbps    2000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 51 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 400-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :2731 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 22.6:21.57:55.82 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

which is strange because up till today this line

Your DSL Connection Rate :2731 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

used to say .....................15377.................................888

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Jayhawk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 54

Hi all

and Stephanie

I've already emailed the mods email on Saturday, but nice to know I'm not alone, this is ridiculous I cant do anything except email and basic surfing!

Thanks mods for looking into it.

0 Ratings
DjLoneStar
Beginner
Message 30 of 54

another st leonards usser getting rubish speed and no improvments since Monday.

Ive been stuck on a 0.1kps download and 0.67 upload since the so called upgrade

SORT IT OUT BT

0 Ratings