cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Network Uptime Dc Slow Speeds

Hello sorry my 1st post on the forums is a complain but i am having major problems with bt infinity since the day it was connected.

Before i upgraded to infinity i was having dc problems but i thought it was my homehub 5 as i phoned bt tech support about 4 times regarding this issue the done line tests etc and found no problem so i thought i would upgrade to bt infinity 2 get the new smart hub faster connection etc so i did.

Got infinity2 installed on 16th of august but i was going on holiday that day and tested the speed before i left i was getting around 48mps download and 8 mps upload came home from holiday and my download was down to 31mps so i decided to phone the result of my call was an engineer was despatched to my home done line tests etc and reset a port or something at the exchange and hey presto back to normal for around 3 hours then network uptime dc again!! and bang down to 16mps i phoned again and again and gradually another engineer came to my house done the tests and reset something and i was back to 46mps. Well this lasted again for around 3-4hours network uptime dc again and i was back down to 15mps. I decided to phone bt again this time i was put through to tech support level 2 and was promised a call back on friday 23rd which i got and i was told they could see there was a problem with my line and they would get an engineer to sort it am guessing the problem was at the exchange as no engineer came to my house. Anyways after the call from tech support level 2 i tested my speed at it was up to 49mps and stayed like that till around 40 minutes ago when bang netork uptime dc again and i am now back down to 14mps.I would like to note that during the weekend my network uptime did dc twice but it came back on at 49mps.i also got a callback from tech support this afternoon telling me my issue should be sorted out now and according to his notes something had been sorted at the exchange.Well i am cuurently on the phone to bt support again!! have been for last 40 minutes on hold trying to get through.

I have no faith on this call getting this issue sorted and i feel very let down by BT. What with the slow speed and the constant network uptime dc's.

Have tried to work out how to take a screenshot from btwholesale but am not best with computers and have no idea how to sorry.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Network Uptime Dc Slow Speeds

Is there any noise on your phone line when you make and receive calls?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Hi there is no noice on the line when I use the phone. At the start of this problem I thought maybe the house phone could be causing the problem so for the last 6 weeks the phone has not been connected.

Just of the phone to tech support 1 hour trying to get through. The gentleman I spoke to reset my line told me on the tests he did that my line etc was fine and the reset of my line should sort the speed and network uptime issue. Done a speed test all back to normal. I have had this result before from BT and the problem returned within hours/few days so I doubt very much it is fixed if tech support level 2 and an engineer at the exchange didn't fix this issue for long

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

So another update network uptime disconnected again during the night and now my speed is back to 16mps. So I have sent tech support a text to phone me this evening but I still have little faith on getting this sorted it is starting to become a joke with the constant calling and all they do is a line reset which is not sorting it out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Well i have gave BT tech to 7pm to phone me and no call back surprise surprise. So i am now on the phone in a que to talk to someone which i am 100% sure wont get me anywhere probably another line reset and told it is because i am using a wireless connection.

Today the wife tell me the router reset twice and the spped has not went about 17mps totally unacceptable but to be honest i feel like BT dont care

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Help with speed and disconnecting

Hello I really need help with an issue I am having since the 26th of August. I have had constant disconnects and speed that is fast and slow. I have had 3 engineers at my home level 2 technical trying to help me but still my problems of slow speeds and network upload disconnecting.
The support I am getting from the foreign call centres is absolutely disgusting I get someone to help me and they leave me half way through trying to repair the fault by usually saying when router restarts problem will be solved and then end the call before router has started and the problem is still there. Level 2 tech is not much better I get call saying the problem is sorted don't tell me what has been done and then leave me still with this problem of slow speeds and disconnects.

I even tried to get through to complains over the phone and where do I end up at broadband technical support in India absolutely terrible customer service amazing when I ordered infinity 2 am straight through to a UK call centre and get a great service.
Is there anyway that anybody knows off I can get through to a UK call centre wither it be to sort this or an actual complains department not technical support. Also to get to complains department I used the phone number on BT complains website followed the call through the procedures.

Would appreciate any help thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Re: Help with speed and disconnecting

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Try connecting things up as shown below, and see if the disconnections still occur.

infinity_test.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Hi Keith thanks for the reply I have done the above on previous ovation before bt technical support 2 phoned me as they asked me to do it. To be totally honest I was certain I could hear a slight crackling noise but when I got the call back the technician told me my line was fine they could here no noise etc and said my problem was solved. That was around 16 days ago and being totally honest my speed held up around 49mps since then I disconnected every 3 days but speed held up until today. I phoned bt hoping to sort it but the technician I got was terrible he took me into homehub setting to a part where I had to rescan for channels (forgive me am not technical minded) I done this but because it was taking to long he said once it was done scanning hit save and problem will be solved and hung up on me. This is not the 1st time tech support has done this to me and I am now left with broadband that is dcing and speed that is dropping and rising after ever dc.

Am totally frustrated with this and I have no idea where to turn to as I am getting no help from bt.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

@Sjfc1884

The line should have been quiet, as you can only hear the noise which is within the audio range, there will be other noise that you cannot hear which is affecting the connection.

This will be caused by a high resistance connection somewhere on the external network. These types of faults are difficult to locate, and will often disappear when ever any line testing is done, only to appear again, days or weeks later. Not using the phone line can make the problem worse.

Here is the reason.

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/No-Internet-and-horrible-bt-customer-service...

This will need a more thorough investigation by an Openreach Field Technician.

I have merged this thread with your original one last month, and also marked it as unsolved. This is to keep all of the information in one place, for the moderators to read.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 16

Hi @Sjfc1884,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings