cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Network problem

When I start my desktop computer it sometimes joins network 2 and is ok (60Mbs). Does not show any other network.  But sometimes it will join a network 3 and only give me 9Mbs, this 3 network also then shows a Sky hub and not my BT one, then when I try to access a programme, I get Sky Broadband Shield stopping me. Whats going on !!!!. I am also connected to my Sky TV viewing box via ethernet and powerline adapters from my BT router. This has started since BT had water damage in my area and I had to wait until cables were reconnected. Ever since, I've had these strange connections and I don't know how to correct it. I have a BT home hub 5 and running Windows 10. Been in touch with India to usual no avail ( thank god customer services is coming back to UK, as I have never been more frustrated in my 75 years as when I talk to them). Anyhow does anyone here have any idears regarding this problem.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Network problem

your pc is trying to connect to someone else's sky router which would appear to be showing as network 3 just delete that connection it is not a BT problem
0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, but when network 3 (Sky) connects, delete is greyed out, so unable to delete. and network 2 is not showing.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you have to delete it when you are not connected to it
0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

how can I delete it when it's not showing on my network. At this moment I have network 2 showing, also local area connection which is disabled. If it joins via network 3, then there is no network 2 showing, just the network 3 connection + local area connection which is disabled, I need both network 2 and network 3 to show to delete it.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

both networks should be showing at the same time it is a wireless connection issue on your PC
0 Ratings