Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Network problems??

Go to solution

Everything was/had been working fine for as long as i can remember but now all of a sudden i am have connection problems on some of the equipment around the house. There is connection problems on a few things connected via ethernet to the hh5. I have change lan ports which does not correct the problem.

It says on my sons laptop upstairs, ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration and also his media player won't connect via ethernet anymore only via wireless connection. 

Anybody any idea?? if you need more info, just ask and i can provide it.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Network problems??

Go to solution

are you using powerline adapters?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Try ONE factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Not using powerline adapters, i have 8 ports hubs?? upstairs wired from the hh5 and then onto various devices, but that seems all fine, i have tried different lans.

If i do a factory reset, what will i need to do to set the hub back up??

Cheers 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

What do you mean "set it back up". If you have changed any settings such as the wireless passkey or any other settings then the answer is yes you will because it will restore all the settings back to the factory settings.

If all you have done is plug Ethernet Cables and connect wireless devices using the wireless passkey on the label then no you will not need to set anything up. 

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Just done a factory reset and i wil let you know in a mo if thats fixed the issue, thanks

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Nope still same, just says "ethernet connecting" but that's it. Its worked fine for as long as i can remember, i haven't touched or moved anything, could the hub just have gone faulty?? but then i have used different Lan ports and still can't get upstairs working?? Thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Do you have any Ethernet switches connected. If you do it could have failed. The Ethernet cable could have become faulty, does it go under carpets anywhere that it could become broken.

Hubs can go faulty but you need to check each of the hubs Ethernet ports. Just use an Ethernet cable and a laptop and plug it into each port in turn. Make sure the laptops wireless is turned off. If the laptop can connect to the Internet on every port the fault must be else where.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

OK that is my next job. Will get back to you when i have done that, cheers

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Seems the hub is fine, unbeknown to me, the problem arose last week by the sounds of it, but the kids never said it wasn't working until yesterday, but have just told me it wasn't working last week. They are fed from the hub up to the bedroom above into a 8 port hub, then they have playstations and smart tvs etc, my son uses his laptop wired. I will buy some more ethernet cable to go from the hh5 to the 8 port hub above and see if that rectifies it ??? 

Not sure what else to try??

Thanks

0 Ratings