cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baleisgod
Message 1 of 9

Network upgrade

I have recieved email advising Good news. We’re rolling out our faster broadband and we’ll be upgrading our network in your area on 08-Feb-11. I am in Milton Keynes and off the Bradwell Abbey exchange. I was wondering what the upgrade is, and what benefits I expect to get from it. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Network upgrade

It is almost certainly an upgrade from the "up to 8M" ADSLMax to the "up to 20M" ADSL 2/2+.

If your speed is currently close to 8M, you should see a significant increase in speed.

If your speed is well below 8M, you may only see a modest improvement, or even none at all.

Don't forget there's a 10 day training period after the upgrade, so don't be surprised if your connection drops a few times, or if your speed is initially rather slow.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jason404
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: Network upgrade - on BT Infinity

I have recently recieved the same email, but I am on BT Infinty.  What can I expect from this upgrade?

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 4 of 9

it wont affect you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Hi ji will not affect infinity users
0 Ratings
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

I always thought that exchanges are automatically upgraded to 21CN when FTTC is rolled out on an exchange, and Bradwell Abbey already has FTTC? Or is it just the router in the exchange which is upgraded when FTTC is installed?

Maybe I've been reading the wrong books? 😄

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 7 of 9

The OP made this thread in Feb. hence Bradwell Abbey has been upgraded now. The third post is someone who has incorrectly received a similar email and somehow found this dead thread. AFAIK the exchanges that are upgraded to FTTC already have 21CN

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

@Jason404 wrote:

I have recently recieved the same email, but I am on BT Infinty.  What can I expect from this upgrade?

Not a lotSmiley Mad

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

hi seab20 not in every case some have gone straight to fibre
0 Ratings