Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
meman887
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Never got MAC Code

Go to solution

I phoned up today to ask for my MAC code at 1620 hours, now after giving the usual details over the phone and after I asked for my MAC code, the guy on the other end said "it would take a few minutes, so could I put you on hold?" I said "sure".

So after a few minutes later the man said something along the lines of "I'm sorry the system seems to be down, if you give me your mobile number and email address, I'll have it sent to you in the next two hours".

Now the funny thing is that I haven't been sent my MAC code, neither via text nor email so can a moderator find out what's happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. 🙂
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Never got MAC Code

Go to solution
An isp has to provide a MAC code within 5 days of a request
this link explains more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Authorisation_Code
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

don't know if this link has the same numbers you already tried

http://www.getamaccode.co.uk/bt_mac_code/index.php

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
meman887
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Fair enough I'll give them the 5 business days from the point of me contacting them to provide me with it, if not I'll phone and cancel the service (last option open to me). Since my contract is almost up and already paid the amount due up to when my 18 month contract ends anyway (11th August).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Hi Be careful before cancelling if you use the term cancel your broadband service will be ceased you will receive a further charge of £30.00 Charged by Bt Wholesale And be unable to reorder Broadband for up to 10 days after the cease takes place. This applies to ALL isp's Not just BT This Link Explains http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...
0 Ratings
meman887
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Well got it on the 28th but apparently the MAC code I got the new provider says that there seems to be a problem with it, seems as though I've been supplied an invalid MAC code. So the only option left is cancelling which is going to be an inconvenience at best.

@john46 I'm not bothered about the £30 charge other than it makes it an inconvenience and a slight dent in my pocket to which money could have gone to better use, but better than being automatically signed up to another 18 month contract again.

My Motto:
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
HI Remember the delay in ordering a new service after the service is ceased 10 days before you can reorder plus the lead time for your new supplier your service could be unavailable for up to 3 weeks+
0 Ratings