cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMT50
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

New BT.Com Site and Yahoo

I've been looking at the new BT.Com site and reading the stuff about how mail etc is changing.

I have several queries.

What is Disqus and why do I have to sign up to it in order to comment on the new site?

What happens to those of us who have a Flickr Pro a/c via out BT packages? Do we lose this or is BT taking over Flickr as well? I've had Flickr Pro since 2006.

Why is there no option for me to stay signed in on the new site and in particular email?

BT Yahoo mail has already stopped working on my mobile, it no longer recognises sign in so I'm limited to either signing in via the mobile web or just relying on desktop pc. Will there be a mail app for all platforms for mobile?

It seems to me BT are imposing changes without thinking through all the permatations as to how we, as paying customers, use the site.

I hope someone can answer the above in the not too distant future, I'd hate to be left with no access to the library of photo's I have in Flickr. Do I need to start moving them to another site?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: New BT.Com Site and Yahoo

have a look at this link. it may answer your questions.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44789/?s_cid=con_FURL_email_newemail

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 17

As usual BTs information raises more questions than it answers.

0 Ratings
BMT50
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Thanks for that link. Still no explanation as to what Disqus is about and why we need to sign up to this - whatever it is. I've tried posting a comment and they haven't appeared on site. I used my bt details yet still nothing shows. Is this Disqus thing some sort of scam? Has my details on BT.Com been compromised by this weird programme? What is it and what is it for? Surely if we log in to BT.Com then we should be able to post comments without having to sign up to a 3rd party again. I thought thats why BT are dumping Yahoo - to get rid of the 3rd party tie up?

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 17

I signed on to Disqus using the name "Bob" and an email address I rarely use I had to sign up to gmail for something else I needed to access. I was able to post OK. It does however seem a completely un moderated forum so I expect to see some very forceful / abusive posts in the near future. So no security problems if you either create an email address somewhere or have a spare one you do not use as you do not have to use a bt or any email address that you may not wish to escape.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 17

As for Flickr Pro, my account has already been downgraded to the standard Flickr, and I assume everybody elses' have too.

0 Ratings
Happygoblin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Little info here on disqus if its of any help.

http://disqus.com/

Does look like a few multinationals use it 

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 17

I just left feedback on the new site, and didn't see anything to do with Disqus - I just used the "Feedback" link at the bottom right of the page.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

like wise i cannot find any reference to DISQUS
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 17

@ Ectophile - I still have Flickr Pro but this is what it says   You are signed in to Flickr via your Yahoo ID (xxx@btinternet.com) You have a Pro account, at no cost as long as you keep your BT Yahoo! service.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings