cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 21

Re: New BT/Humax Box to replace silver BT Vision Box

If you don't like scrolling back through the TV guide, there's also the Search function in YouView, where you can enter a program name and look for it that way.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

I don't have a problem scrolling back in the guide. That's not what I was saying. I was annoyed that the user guide supplied kept mentioning Catch Up as a menu item - so I spent a lot of time looking for it on the menus. A lot of the user guide did not match features on this box. Just another annoyance with the standards of BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 21

The problem is BT subscription services are called 'on demand' where as YouView calls the catch up services 'on demand' so it gets confusing..

BT separated them in the manual by using the on demand and catch up to define the two but obviously that can make it confusing on the screen...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Thanks. Of course, they wouldn't think of explaining that in the user guide!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 21

Just had a call from BT customer services in response to billing issue - while I had them on the phone discussing my billing issues, I asked if I was currently being charged £5 per month for BTVision after swopping my old PAYG account with a silver BTV box for the "no extra cost" YouView+ box, the billing person checked my account and said no BTV monthly charge was being applied.

I hope they are right.

So maybe when the BTV sales person told me the free offer wasn't free, and that I would have to pay the BTV Essentials £5/mth charge, (see my previous post) she was wrong?

I'm going to reserve judgement until that August bill arrives though.

Message to BT - your front line BTV sales team don't seem to be the best in the business.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 21

The problem with this upgrade is to get to talk to someone in the right team at BT. Once you've done the upgrade, by phone or online, the phone number they give is no longer the right one to call. For queries you want to speak to either Technical Support or the Easy Assist team. If you talk to the Easy Assist team they are really helpful and seem to know what they are doing! - sadly my experiencee with technical support was not a good experience at all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 17 of 21

"So maybe when the BTV sales person told me the free offer wasn't free, and that I would have to pay the BTV Essentials £5/mth charge, (see my previous post) she was wrong?"

She was wrong, it is free and if you are charged make an issue of it. You should not be charged!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 21

@Dode wrote:

"So maybe when the BTV sales person told me the free offer wasn't free, and that I would have to pay the BTV Essentials £5/mth charge, (see my previous post) she was wrong?"

She was wrong, it is free and if you are charged make an issue of it. You should not be charged!

Well - my bill has now arrived and it includes a £5 a month charge for TV Essentials. Here we go again...

Last time Iqueried this, I was rung back by Customer Services, and I got someone  to contact billing, to check my account and make sure I wasn't being charged. The person on the phone said they had located my account, checked it, and no I wasn't being charged. But I am.

Anyone know the best people to contact about this?

I've now had so many versions from BT about this "free" offer that I am getting even more cynical than I was before about BT statements.

There are people here who have been given the YouView+ box for free to replace a silver box who appear to have been in exactly the same situation as me before that "free" offer letter arrived. Yet I am now paying £5 a month and they aren't. One person in BT Sales says it isn't free. Someone else in Customer Services says it is. One person checks my bill and says I am not being charged. My bill arrives and I am being charged. You couldn't make it up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Phone BT and ask for the "Easy Assist team" - they sorted me out and were really excellent, nothing like the other departments.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 21

I have now had a satisfactory response from Chairman's Office team, and they agree that there should have been no extra charges imposed. Looking forward to a nice refund in November. Thanks to those here who have helped with information about your own situations.

0 Ratings