cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 47

Re: New BT Infinity 2 activation woes

Please come back and let us know how you get on with executive complaints.

Unfortunately no-one here can help you any further.

0 Ratings
jonathanc8888
Contributor
Message 42 of 47

@pippincp wrote:

Please come back and let us know how you get on with executive complaints.

Unfortunately no-one here can help you any further.

I just took my chances with the MD email and glad I've got a reply.

Just a bit sad I have to take such drastic actions to get appropriate help.

I will keep this thread updated as best as I can. Hopefully some other customer will find this helpful.

0 Ratings
jonathanc8888
Contributor
Message 43 of 47

Got an email from Executive Level Complaints guy from technical team so hoping for the best at the moment.

Still would require another engineer visit though and would only discuss further actions post. Fair enough I guess however slight confusion over the engineer visit slot so have to sort that out.

I'm trying to remain positive and hoping that this is a better channel for resolution and not just a "dressed up" department version of the eCustomer complaints department. I've been reading through similiar cases I've found on Google which remained unsolved for months... Finger crossed!

0 Ratings
jonathanc8888
Contributor
Message 44 of 47

Got a very unexpected call from BT engineer that's local to me saying he had reconnected me but expect it to be down again as they've not really know how to fix.

He thinks issue is due to auto script that runs to monitor lines. Somehow it thinks my account it's not valid so disconnects me. He said he'll try to get it sorted ASAP and have got through someone in Liverpool that acknowledges this issue and will monitor.

Very good news and I'm feeling very lucky to have such a wonderful engineer assisting me. His 5 minutes call gave me more hope and updates compared to the multiple emails/calls from customer services.

Fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 47

Hope it moves forward as expected.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
jonathanc8888
Contributor
Message 46 of 47

@pippincp wrote:

Hope it moves forward as expected.Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Really grateful for the engineer to come out on his own accord but unfortunately at same time tonight my connection got disconnected again 😞 I've isolated all other possible issue including switches etc. so purely running on BT Smart Hub tonight. As it's disconnected again I suppose the issue is not really on my end...

I've sent Smart Hub logs over to Newcastle Technical Complaints but not much reply from them. Their stance is to wait until 21st engineer visit and discuss further which is what I've been told before the esclation to this department. I'm kind of hoping for some more urgent response as this does seem like it requires 3rd line to have a look.

Sorry for my continous rants here, I guess I just need to voice my worries somehow. Truth to be told I'm broken... really worried now if there's not going to be any resolution in sight. Find it hard to sleep at night and not really performing well at work too... oh well.

0 Ratings
jonathanc8888
Contributor
Message 47 of 47

Ok, lots happened since last update and so far it's good news.

The local BT engineer was really helpful and he managed to get in touch with someone from BT Wholesale in Liverpool who managed to get my internet working. Fingers crossed it stays conneted tonight for the full 24 hours.

My case is now handled by the Executive office and they are keeping close eye on it. I've mentioned about my bill which came to almost £100 and they've agreed to refund the activation charge and first month's bill which is a great result.

Glad there's a silver lining.

0 Ratings