cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlackPheonix81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

New BT Line Help

At the moment I am already on a BT line and am connected to a cabinet which will not be getting FTTC.

However there is a cabinet that is situated 2 roads away from me. about 100 - 150 meters. which HAS got an FTTC cabinet installed.

As I have been stuck with 3meg for more than 5 years and is a real pain in the neck, I was wondering if it were possible to pay for a new BT line to be installed and routed to the cabinet with FTTC so I can aquire the Infinity service.

I already know that BT will not cross exchanges and that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if I can cross or change to another street cabinet, Keeping in my mind they are about the same distance from my house.

Cheers

~Josh

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: New BT Line Help

Only way to find out is ask BT

However I would guess if there are spare pairs in your old system they would want to use them

But no harm in asking (except maybe to your nerves )

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

the wires from your home go to a particular cabinet so I cannot see how you can change your connection unless you want to pay for the work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

@BlackPheonix81 wrote:

At the moment I am already on a BT line and am connected to a cabinet which will not be getting FTTC.

However there is a cabinet that is situated 2 roads away from me. about 100 - 150 meters. which HAS got an FTTC cabinet installed.

As I have been stuck with 3meg for more than 5 years and is a real pain in the neck, I was wondering if it were possible to pay for a new BT line to be installed and routed to the cabinet with FTTC so I can aquire the Infinity service.

I already know that BT will not cross exchanges and that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if I can cross or change to another street cabinet, Keeping in my mind they are about the same distance from my house.

Cheers

~Josh

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
BlackPheonix81
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I have already stated that I am ready to pay for any work necessary.

i would honestly pay anything to go from 3 megs to at least 20megs on Infinity.

0 Ratings