cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smurf001
Contributor
Message 31 of 40

Re: New BT Mail Problems

Ignore the last part of my last post with regards to having a different email address for your account.  Even if signing in with a different account name it still takes you to your emails on the main account. 

Hopefully they will be ringing me back tomorrow so I will query this again.

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 32 of 40

I've just had another call from a level 2 BT Advisor.

She said they are still trying to fix the issue with the timing out.  She assures me it will be fixed within 24 hours. (Which is also what I was told 24 hours ago!)  It's not actually an issue for me personally now as I am using Thunderbird as webmail will not allow me to do what I would like it to, but I know from reading posts that it is still happening for others.

Also that they are still working on developing the BT Mail and they will be adding more features depending on the response from customers.

She tells me that the fact there is currently no option to 'keep emails as new' is being looked at.

The App is being worked on but they can't give a timescale.

She tells me it will not be possible to have separate log ons for the BT account details and for emails.

She also says they may be looking at the option of sending 3rd party emails through BT Webmail.  Although I suspect she was just saying that to get rid of me because she said she would feed my information back, I said thank you, she followed up with 'thank you so much' and then put the phone down!

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 40

They tell you anything if you ask me.

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 40

I got a phone call last night from an Indian sounding person saying the engineers are working on the emails.

Wow

0 Ratings
smurf001
Contributor
Message 35 of 40

I have had another telephone call from a level 2 advisor.  He told me the problems have now been resolved!!!!  He was actually quite rude and when I tried to speak told me to wait a couple of seconds, then when he did not speak for several minutes I spoke again at which point he told me that the webmail problems have been resolved. 

I have actually given up using webmail as it no longer works in the way I need it to, so can not confirm whether that is correct.

He also went on to tell me that all the other issues I have are being dealt with, but I suspect they are not as he did not even know what my other issues were!

0 Ratings
skoda
Beginner
Message 36 of 40

I too have had serious problems since being switched to BT Mail.  I live in a rural area and have a very slow line - 1 Mbyt at best, sometimes less.  Is there an alternative that will provide an acceptable service.  The extremely slow responses of BT Mail is driving me nuts.  Skoda

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 40

I too live in a rural area, and dream of 1Mb, I get about 900Kb on a good day!! If you use a mail client such as MSOutlook, Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird, your mail speed will be significantly improved. (I know, I know Smiley Wink) Sorry, in joke.

0 Ratings
FirefoxUser
Beginner
Message 38 of 40

New BT mail service does not work with DoNotTrackMe addon to Firefox if you set it track block all trackers. Setup to allow BT.COM and problem goes away.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 40

Yet another reason to ditch webmail and use a mail client, no trackers.

0 Ratings
francoitalian
Beginner
Message 40 of 40

It's a mess.

Whoever thought that moving REPLY and SEND to the bottom was a good idea

Imagine you are in a long exchange with someone.

You read their reply scroll to the vbottom to click reply

Than after typind scroll again to the bottom to send

Seems like this was designed by someone who only receioves short emails !

0 Ratings