cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 41 of 65

Re: New BT TV Offerings

Remember the days when the TV packages consisted of Bronze, Silver & Gold!

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 42 of 65

Yes I remember them days of those packages. That was before I got BT TV.

I only got BT TV when they started there Youview service.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 43 of 65

So at the minute I have bt infinity on the fastest speed... the extra isp channels... the HD package... the kids package and now you want to charge me more for a about 4 or 5 extra channels?

How very sky of you bt.

And to top it off the only benefit to the extra money is the bt tv app but I can't use it on my device as it runs android lollipop which you have failed to update the app to support since December. So 6 months on and still no support.

Can that app even be streamed to chromecast? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 44 of 65

Perhaps you need to re-read.

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 45 of 65

Nope. Would cost me and extra £1.50 per month by my working out so no I don't need to re read but thanks for the useless post. 

Currently pay £7.45 entertainment plus £3 kids plus £3 HD. 

I understand this is optional but it kind of sucks to have to pay even more for a few channels. Talk talk is £15 a month and comes with a hell of a lot more channels including more music and sky channels. 

Highlighted
Guru
Message 46 of 65

Mine is a useless post?

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 65

Talktalk also has no HD and TV anywhere. A!so your paying for additional channels and TV anywhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 65

Does the tv anywhere app stream to chromecast so I could watch it on the upstairs tv?

Also it us useless to me at the moment as all my devices run android lollipop 5.0 which the app doesn't support.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 49 of 65

This is the same position I am in. It seems I am now paying £2.50 too much as the Starter package has all the channels I currently pay extra for at only £5p/m. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 50 of 65

@alabama wrote:

This is the same position I am in. It seems I am now paying £2.50 too much as the Starter package has all the channels I currently pay extra for at only £5p/m. 

But don't forget that TV Entertainment Starter comes with just a non-recordable mini BT Youview box for new BT TV customers. Your £7.50 per month is probably subsidising the more expensive recordable BT Youview+ box that you will have received?

Also prices and offers change all the time across all services. For example plenty of people sign up to Broadband & Calls deals and then find they are on offer cheaper a few months later. It's just a fact of life.

You signed up to a certain BT TV deal at an agreed price for at least a certain minimum term. Once that minimum term has been completed you can talk to the Customer Options Team to see if it's worth re-contracting on a new deal. I'm not sure if as an existing customer they would let you move to the TV Entertainment Starter package but even if not they might still be able to give some other discount on a new deal with a new minimum term.

0 Ratings