Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

'New' BT TV internet channels

Go to solution

Hi,

I purchased the BT TV starter pack last year and have a basic You View box to watch it on using BT Broadband, (I currently cannot get BT Infinity in my area) so I was very surprised to see loads of extra internet TV channels, many in HD including BT Sport HD, that I previously I couldn't even see on the guide let alone clicking on them which I did, and got the message saying I would have to contact BT to set these channels up.  I noticed in the settings that there was a software update on 13/02/16 could this have anything to do with it? Does this mean I can now bolt these extra services on to a TV starter pack? I was told last year by BT when I purchased my products that as I could only get BT Broadband and I would therefore not be able to receive HD sports for instance over the internet nor any of the extra channels available in the entertainment pack.  Has this situation now changed? 

As per usual, I could not find any info about this at BT.com

Grateful if anyone could let me know if they have had a similar experience and/or any suggestions for setting these 'extras' up.

Cheers!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: 'New' BT TV internet channels

Go to solution
I think you will find that you are seeing the standard menu on the tv that everyone sees. Suspect if you try ordering the extra channels the order would not progress due to the lack of infinity.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: 'New' BT TV internet channels

Go to solution

@dada_bear wrote:

Hi,

I purchased the BT TV starter pack last year and have a basic You View box to watch it on using BT Broadband, (I currently cannot get BT Infinity in my area) so I was very surprised to see loads of extra internet TV channels, many in HD including BT Sport HD, that I previously I couldn't even see on the guide let alone clicking on them which I did, and got the message saying I would have to contact BT to set these channels up.  I noticed in the settings that there was a software update on 13/02/16 could this have anything to do with it? Does this mean I can now bolt these extra services on to a TV starter pack? I was told last year by BT when I purchased my products that as I could only get BT Broadband and I would therefore not be able to receive HD sports for instance over the internet nor any of the extra channels available in the entertainment pack.  Has this situation now changed? 

As per usual, I could not find any info about this at BT.com

Grateful if anyone could let me know if they have had a similar experience and/or any suggestions for setting these 'extras' up.

Cheers!

When I had BT BB - not infinity - I remember all these channels showing up in the guide one day. At the time when I rebooted the box the channels then disappeared from the guide...

0 Ratings