cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

New BT Webmail Login: HOW without having to go all the way through?

Go to solution

Ugh BT, why not leave things that aren't broken alone?

So today we were 'migrated' to the new web mail service.

NO longer could I make a shortcut straight to the webmail page I HAVE to go through the BT front page and then get a long delay while it loads up every time I want to check my mail

NO I don't want to use POP3 as I want to access my emails on different PC's and having them on the server is much more convenient

IS THERE a direct linky that will take me to the BT Mail page as the Yahoo one won't now work??

If not why not?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New BT Webmail Login: HOW without having to go all the way through?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks that seems to work a bit, but it's very slow compared to the yahoo version

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@dhphoto wrote:

NO I don't want to use POP3 as I want to access my emails on different PC's and having them on the server is much more convenient

Why not use IMAP access then instead of POP? You can set up email client programs/apps on your main devices to use IMAP access and still leave everything on the server folders if you want to. BT Mail accounts fully support IMAP and synchronisation across devices and the webmail.
See  https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Feedback-for-new-Email-system-do-you-like-it-or-not/m-p/1375071/hi...
Anyway, it's up to you.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

All i can say is what a pigsear they have made of the mail. Signed up as told and only on for a few mintues when it errored and i had to log in but guess what didn't recognise me had to ring up to get a password but since using it through ie11 very unstable and erroring. Come on BT surely you can do better than thisSmiley Mad

0 Ratings