Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sd99
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

New BT Website - Fibre no longer available

Hi

I've currently got ADSL - around 19mb which is pretty good, and BT have offered me fibre before but it always seemed a bit pricey.  I've visited the website many times before looking for deals and giftcards before, but until now nothing really stood out.

Now I'm thinking of upgrading to get the extra BT TV channels, and sport via the TV box rather than the app player.  So I looked again last night and noticed the new BT website layouts, and tried again to see what's available.

So I navigated to http://www.bt.com/package, clicked Existing Customer, entered my landline and then it goes a bit funky...

It says:

Not yet! Sorry, you can’t get BT Infinity right now
OUR FASTEST BROADBAND
You could get
300Mb
Estimated download speed*
See your upgrade options

But it lists no fibre options, and when I click "See your upgrade options" nothing happens.

So I tried the online chat with edited by mod to report this problem, who confirmed that I can get fibre, but I wouldn't be entitled to any gift cards as the website doesn't work for me.  This seems a but unfair tbh.  I can't even see what packages are available and how much the upgrades would even cost me!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
sd99
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: New BT Website - Fibre no longer available

Hmmm after a bit more investigation, if I claim to be a New Customer and use the postcode/address search it shows me all options up to 300mb.  If I use the landline field, it says I cannot get fibre.  Looks like a broken website to me.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 9

Could you post the full result from https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html ? Don't forget to remove your phone number.

0 Ratings
sd99
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 0172689xxxx on Exchange ROCHE is served by Cabinet 5

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
WBC FTTPUp to 330Up to 30--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 19.5--18 to 21.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 19.5Up to 1.518 to 21.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

It appears that BT have changed the links in their site as this one used to go direct to the FTTP options where you could display all infinity packages - now it doesn't http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/?fttp=yes

You could ring the FTTP sales team 0800 587 4787 and ask for details of the packages available including FTTC

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Post edited as original link expires if logged out. This is a shot of FTTP prices

FTTP prices.PNG

You get this if you enter your details on the old link in my last post.

0 Ratings
sd99
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thank you.  BT rang me last night and said I can get:

300Mb (£50)

200Mb (£40)

80Mb (£26)

40Mb (£23)

I am now able to look online also, but oddly the price for 76Mb is coming up at £28 now, compared to the £26 they said to me last night on the phone.  Any ideas why?

No sign of any upgrade incentives 😞

Secondly, I'm currently on unlimited adsl + eve/wkend calls for around £10.50.  The infinity package comes with Weekend calls.  Does this mean I have to spend more to get Evening calls back?  How much would this be?

Thanks

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Evening calls costs £3 for a new customer.

Anytime calls costs £7.50.

Looking at the website it seems that you need to start an order to see exactly what is available and what the costs are - you don't need to place an order just cancel it.

BT don't give incentives when it comes to Infinity, only on adsl when renegotiating.

0 Ratings
sd99
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

It looks like the subsequent 'order' process doesn't work for me (i suspect as my exchange only has FTTP and not FTTC - it was a different BT dept I spoke to on the phone I recall).

My main incentive for upgrading was to get BT Sport on my TV rather than use the horrible app (I already have an old BT youview box), so going by what you said, it would cost:

£28 for Infinity

£3 for Evening calls

£7.45 TV

£35 for TV activation

£6.95 for new home hub (p&p)

So, a £41.95 one off payment, and £38.45 each month.  Which is a bit more than I was expecting compared to my existing £10.64 deal.  Basically an extra £28 a month (£334 a year) for 4x my download speed + BT Sport through my TV.  Potentially it may rise again if they decide that BT Sport is no longer free after next summer.

0 Ratings