cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New BT customer, price hike email, dead offer link. :(

I've got the email regarding the price increases and a link to a special offer for me, which just leads to a page that says 'Sorry'.

I've only recently switched to BT in April for their special offer of £10 (£17.99 line rental) for BT Infinity Unltimited 38Mb, FREE Weekend Calls and BT Sport/AMC in SD. Total £27.99 mth.

And now I get an email about price rises already, and am frustrated I can't see this special offer link. I am confused as to what my options may be and any deadlines for such options.

When joining I did have an extra add-on for Evening and Weekend calls free for 3mths. I'm not happy with the price for this considering my package already includes Weekend Calls for free anyway, so was considering taking it off as not seeing the value.

Can a mod contact me with what my offer link was about, what options I have and pricing.

The email did mention a speed upgrade to 54Mb, however I don't believe I will see any benefit as my package at 38Mb and I only get 26Mb download on that.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New BT customer, price hike email, dead offer link. :(

If you only have a connection speed of 26mb then you won't benefit from the recent upgrade to 55mb

have you set up a MYBT account?  If not go to bt.com and set it up. You can try the options team to see what your offer is but I doubt you will benefit as you have a very low introductory offer

options team are uk based. 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I'll give it some time for a reply here before contacting directly. I'm aware I've got a decent introductory offer, that was the appeal of joining - so obviously not exactly thrilled at this sudden price increase. Hikes are to be expected I know of all providers, but will try and find out just how much more it is, and what the offer ends up being.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings