Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

New BT e mail

Go to solution
With BT Yahoo e mail, when you logged in, you went straight to your in box. Now you go to a screen, which details the new e mails you have and you have to click again to go into your in box. I find this most annoying as you can tell from your in box which messages are new. I am guessing that Bt want to use it to include ads and news but I really don't want this.
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 21

Re: New BT e mail

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. In webmail click Settings at the top then Mail on the left. Under "General mail settings" check the box "Go straight to inbox...". Don't forget to click Save at the top.

Better still use an email client and avoid having to go to webmail altogether.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

Better still use an email client and avoid having to go to webmail altogether.

Even better still go to Google or Yahoo and open a free email account that actually works.

Gerry

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

@Gerry_Atrick wrote:
Even better still go to Google or Yahoo and open a free email account that actually works.

Yahoo is for masochists. I like Gmail, but www.outlook.com can also be considered.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

@Oliver341 wrote:

Yahoo is for masochists.

I may be wrong , but I don't think they care what religion you are.

Gerry

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

@Gerry_Atrick wrote:
I may be wrong , but I don't think they care what religion you are.

You're right, but then again masochism isn't a religion, at least not in the conventional sense. 😉

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Thank you so much for this top tip!

I now go straight to the inbox - well when I straight - what I mean is that when I have to login yet again (after ticking the Keep logged in box), then I receive error messages about Account error and Read error - and then wait while the Mac rainbow wheel of death whirls - then log out and then log in again - the page freezes - the broadband connection is lost (as BT will not replace my HomeHub2 as it is still working?!) Apart from all of that yes, I'm really pleased with BT Mail and the extra adverts and taking me to BT.com where I don't want to buy or see any of their services (if I did I would visit their website - when I had broadband connection of course).  Yes, you guessed the irony - a very unhappy BT customer and I only stay as I have had the same email address since the internet was invented.

Has BT explained to us - the customers - why the move from Yahoo and why it doesn't work?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

FedupwithmyISP wrote:

Has BT explained to us - the customers - why the move from Yahoo and why it doesn't work?

BT ditched Yahoo! because it was prone to hacking and regular malfunction. BT Mail seems to be more secure but too many customers are still having trouble with webmail.

I'm glad the Inbox tip helped. The second tip, to use an email client, is likely to help even more - the vast majority of operational problems reported are from customers using webmail. That doesn't excuse the shortcomings but a client does make them invisible as well as being more secure.

My own use of webmail is limited but I have to say that I have no problems with it other than the clunky design, which is inevitable given the space reserved for adverts and other non-email stuff. No such issues with Thunderbird.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

As usual BT gave us no warning of this switch and it was a complete mess. Ive had no emails through my mail client for 2 days so i thought something was up.

My other half got to it first and set up the link between his emails and our BT account. This meant when I tried to set up mine I couldnt get in as he had changed the password!!

Having got passed that issue I then found that when I got in the first thing it did was take me straight to his emails first even though I had signed into MY email account with MY password....what sort of security is that?????

I then tried to get my email client to work but it refused. Having hung on the phone for 15 minutes I was put through to our friends in the subcontinent. They are not satisfied with dealing with one call at a time they like to have a few on the go at once!! They took over my computer and spent the next 50 minutes chasing a curur around the screen doing bug all!!

At one point they asked me to sign into webmail and saw for themselves the above which I asked what they thought of and was just told.. Ehem!

After an hour of this charade and at the point where BT would start charging me for their idiotic stupidity I pulled the plug. Never in my life have a seen and heard of anything more childish and unprofessional a 7 year old could have done better. This surely beats everything they have done before and enforces everything about why I hate BT and their call centres.

An email is on its way to their senior management about this hole in their security. I dont want to see my other halfs emails and Im sure he does not want to see mine ..... makes you wonder who else can see what. Until thats sorted Im not using any of it and will use other methods to communicate.

What is worse is they insult our intelligence with the fact that they think we accept this pathetic rubbish as acceptable!

BT if you monitor this thread read and take note I intend to twitter this as loadly as possible!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Have a look at these links they may help

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48771/c/346,6769,7012

0 Ratings