cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

New BT setip issue with site/emails

I've just setup a BT Hub v3 for a client who is housebound and in her 80's. She's waited 3 weeks to get connected then it was delayed and today I went to setup her emails and the electricity cut off (area outage) while I was there so it hasn't gone very well for her as a new customer at all 😞 I'm trying to set it all up for her so when I return it'll all just work and she can move on but it's proving difficult!

I'm setting up her emails for her but am finding it impossible to access her email account? She's had no letters of confirmation or anything at all? I set up her email address when I initially called BT to set up the account but wasn't given a password nor was I asked for one.

I've manged to register at bt.com so I can access the account but am unable to access her email account. At bt.com it says I need to log out then log back in using my btconnect.com account which I don't have & haven't set one up and at bt.yahoo.com it won't let me login at all? Am I missing something?

tia

Andy

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New BT setip issue with site/emails

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to tell her what the primary e-mail address and reset the password.

She will need to answer any security questions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply keith, she only has one email address, the one they gave me/created over the phone and now the account has been locked for 12 hours due to trying to access it and they offered to send an email to activate it to the email account they have on record which is the one that's locked, lol

She's had nothing in writing about the account since ordering it 3 weeks ago so we're completely in the dark here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

You should be able to reset the password yourself using this page

I've forgotten my username or password for one of my BT services

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I registered with bt.com & can access the account which deals with bills etc. but I cannot access emails? I chatted with someone as suggested but they quickly said something about not feeling happy about it & wanted to pass me onto the technical team then just cut off & put me in a queue 😞

Apparently the client has just accessed her orange emails now that her BT account is live and she received emails from BT immediately after booking it all in but was unable to access them as she had no connection for 3 weeks. They did send the email address and password

The account for email access at bt.yahoo.com has been locked for 12 hours so I'll try it again tomorrow...

0 Ratings