Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nando33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New Bill for existing customer

Go to solution

Hi ,

Wondered if someone might help me with my problem .

My years  contract just ran out on the 28th May so  i  signed on to the  new deal/terms that  BT offered me in a recent email .

When i signed in to  BT site i saw i had a message issuing a new Bill to be paid by the 7th June which was for a much higher rate than my new deal i signed up  to .

I'm guessing  this is a standard Bill  BT sends when a  contract ends and you get put on the full price etc but i'm basically going straight onto a new deal /contract which went live on  1st June .

My questions are -

Will i get issued with another updated Bill for the new rate and how long will that take ?

What will happen to the other Bill for the incorrect amount -( which should be  obsolete) will that get  amended /cancelled  as i have been switched  straight on to  a newer deal  which is at the  lower rate  BT offered me ?

Any help appreciated

Nando33

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JohnC2
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Bill for existing customer

Go to solution

Hi @Nando33 Your next scheduled bill will refund the higher charges back to the 1st of June and charge you at the new rate from that date. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Nando33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hello John ,

Thanks for your reply but  it sounds as if you may thought the Bill had already been paid and taken  by a Direct Debit etc ?

This is not the case as i always pay (promptly)  via online facility by Debit card in a quarterly  advance payment .

I think all that is needed  here is  a renewed Bill for the terms of the new contract that i agreed to .

The Bill i received was for  £141  which is much more than my previous contract and also the new deal just agreed - i believe it should be in the region of £ 84 (approx)

Can you tell me if i will be getting a new Bill  ?

Hope you can help with this

Thanks

Nando33

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Nando33,

With BT, we always charge in advance for our services. This means that if you change your package after a bill is produced, any over payment as a result of changing your package will be credited back on the next bill. Unfortunately it is not possible to issue a revised bill to reflect the change of promotion outside of the billing cycle.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings