cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickmarge
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

New Build Phone Line Installation

I know that there are many similar posts, complaints and discussions on the forum...

We are about to move into a new build property which is one of the first to be released on a new development.  KNowing that there might be issues with the installation of phone line etc with a new development, I started the ball rolling early.  However, in reality, all starting early has meant in practice is that I have spent longer being bounced in circles from BT to Openreach to the developer.

The developer tells me that they have done all of the cabling and they are waiting for openreach to connect to the system and install Optical Network Terminal Boxes.

BT tell me that currently our address, whcih appears on the Royal Mail website, is only a 'silver' address so they cannot place an order.   However, if I can give them the serial nummber of the Optical Network Terminal box (see above) then they can speed upo the process with Openreach.

Openreach - who cannot be contacted in person - tell me,in response to the 'New Build Issues' contact form that they have no record of an order being placed by my service provider (see above) and therefore are unable to help in any meaningful way.

We have BT fibre, tv, phone etc at our current address and I am perfectly happy with the service.  I would like to transfer the service to our new property and continue paying BT a not insignificant amount of money each month for the privilege.

Anything I can do to speed up the process?  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
TelephoneBob
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Build Phone Line Installation

If you have FTTP then you'll need the ONT Serial Number. It's unique to your house plot number.

If the PON Light is Solid or Flashing then it means it is connected to the Splitter Node and the Fibre is lit up.

If the PON is off and the LOS Light is red then it's connected to the somewhere between the ONT and Splitter or the Fibres not been lit yet.
0 Ratings
nickmarge
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

This is helpful but unfortunately we don't have ONT fitted as yet.  As I mentioned everyone seems to be waiting for everyone else...

0 Ratings
TelephoneBob
Expert
Message 4 of 5

The Developer should've installed the ONT.
0 Ratings
TelephoneBob
Expert
Message 5 of 5

The Developer should've installed the ONT.

If for whatever reason they haven't when you move in you'll have to book an Installtion Appointment for an Openreach Engineer to come and install one.
0 Ratings