Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 1 of 53

New Build Property - Phone and Broadband Issue

Hi all,

I will try and keep this as short and to the point as possible, but i'm in need of some serious help/advice/mod help.

I have recently moved into a new build property. i rung BT to organise a home move, disconnect my old service in my previous property, and have phone and broadband in my new property.

the order progressed well, i received the hub on time etc. upon 'activation' date.....nothing. no working phoneline, no working broadband connection. so, i phoned BT and this is where the saga really starts....

BT advise me that someone else owns the phoneline currently in my property, and it's active. which, as explained before, is not the case. it's not active, and nobody else has or does own it (i am the first owner of the property).

The issue may arise, due to the fact that when the builder had the BT line installed during construction by BT, the houses were known by 'Plot' numbers. my house was 'Plot 8'. however, since completetion, my houses final address (registered with the royal mail) is Number 5.

BT are still adamant there is an active line in my property, owned by someone else. This is absolutely not the case, but there must be some issue with BT's system.

I am getting nowhere at all, and don't seem to be any closer to getting a working phoneline.

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 53

Re: New Build Property - Phone and Broadband Issue

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

0 Ratings
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 3 of 53

Many thanks Keith, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 53

Hi harrydove1,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the mix up with your address which is delaying the installation of your services.  We can pick this up from here and help straighten everything out.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to send over your details.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 5 of 53

Thanks Robbiemac. I've just filled out the form.

I've got a further update to add - we had a call from BT giving the name they have as the current owner of the line at this address - it appears it might be our neighbour, and she has used the incorrect address with her application (her phone line and broadband are working!) 

need some serious help with this. feel free to contact me on the number provided at any time! **Edited**

cheers.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 53

Please edit out your mobile number, as this is a public forum. Thanks.

0 Ratings
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 7 of 53

Sorry Keith.

0 Ratings
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 8 of 53

still have had no contact to try and fix this.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 53

@harrydove1 wrote:

still have had no contact to try and fix this.

You have to wait your turn in the queue, its normally 4-6 working days.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 53

Hi harrydove1,

Keith is right, it will take us a few days to get round to you.

I will drop you a private message now which will include the link to the order team whereby you can chat with them online. This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.  It may take a few minutes for you to be connected but you'll get the chat with them and get an update today.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings