cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 11 of 53

Re: New Build Property - Phone and Broadband Issue

so, the joke that is BT keeps on giving.

ended up having to place a 6th order for phone/broadband/tv.

was eventually given an engineer appointment. the engineer arrived to completely the wrong address (given to him by bt). but eventually connected our line at the exchange. we were promised to keep our original number, but ended up being given a completely new one.

so, phone working. but still no broadband, depsite the engineer telling us that would be connected today.

phone customer services again to be told our order had been cancelled (god knows who by), and that i had to place another order etc blah blah blah. of course , the order i'd negotiated before was now not offered to me, and i was told i'd need a new tv box and homehub, despite being told my existingnones were fine to keep.

is there any competent person in the entire bt organisation who can just switch on my **bleep** broadband?
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 12 of 53

Hi harrydove1,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry this hasn't been sorted yet. I've been in touch with the your case handler and she will be in contact later today.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 13 of 53

can i please request a call back today? this is still mot resolved.
0 Ratings
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 14 of 53

this is STILL not resolved. this is the worst customer service i have encountered across any company i have ever used in my life before.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 53

moderators further help requested
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 16 of 53

Hi harrydove1,

Thanks for posting. I've been in touch with your case handler and as soon as she has an update for you she will be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 17 of 53

thanks for the response.

but it's nothing i haven't heard before. this is complete and utter incompetancy on yours and openreach's behalf.

it took me 2 months to have a phone line. and now it seems impossible to activate broadband on the correct phoneline.

i've never ever known such a case of incompetancy, uselesness and downright lying from any organisation.
MPEDLAR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 53

"i've never ever known such a case of incompetancy, uselesness and downright lying from any organisation."

Same old, same old.

Sorry to read about your predicament, I was in a similar situation a few months back, spent three months without any phone or internet connection due to BT and Openreach having their lines crossed.

I wonder if any of the mods on here (who seem to be the only competant employees BT have) have any clout with the management. Surely their cumulative voice would have an impact.

It would seem to me that all of the UK based staff spend all of their time trying to tidy up the mess that's made by the agency staff based in India on minimum wage, who keep you on hold for hours while they try to think up more excuses.

Cut that lot out and streamline the service already. The UK staff could probably do their job in a quarter of the time.

harrydove1
Contributor
Message 19 of 53

honestly, it's just beyond a joke. i'm so angry and astounded by them, i don't know whether to laugh or cry.

i keep being told it's a simple procedure of updating the records to show exactly what exchange my line is connected to, yet this has somehow not been resolved in 4 weeks.

but in the meantime, good old bt are happy to keep sending me bills, which they conveniently manage to send to the correct address.

useless doesn't even begin to cover it.
harrydove1
Contributor
Message 20 of 53

surprise surprise, the promised call from a manager has failed to materialise.