cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

New Cabinet installed, but Infinity not available to any households

I've been watching for our new cabinet going live for several months and on Friday 30/09/2016 it finally changed to "Accepting Orders" on the Openreach checker.

However, the message underneath says "Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options. If you'd like us to let you know if fibre becomes available, register your details."

We are only 290m (by road) from the cabinet so I doubt the length of the line is a problem (we already get 14Mb via ADSL).  I have checked several other properties that connect to this cabinet and they all come back with the same message.

Is it possible the cabinet had been configured wrong or the Openreach database has been updated incorrectly?  Or am I being impatient and perhaps just need to wait a few more days/weeks for everything to be properly configured?

The ADSL checher returns the following results (VDSL Multicast is the only new service that has appeard following the installation of the new cabinet).

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXX on Exchange BAWTRY is served by Cabinet 6

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 14.5--12.5 to 16.5Available----
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 14.5Up to 112.5 to 16.5Available----
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available----
Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2016; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2016.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: New Cabinet installed, but Infinity not available to any households

Could well be a records issue, it's happened before.

Can you check the wholesale dsl checkers for addresses either side of you to see what results you get?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Yes, I have checked the addresses around me and get the exact same result for all properties I check.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Strange.

Are you sure the cabinet close to you has the same cabinet number that shows up on the DSL checker?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Yes, it is definitely the right cabinet number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Give a few days and check back
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I've checked again this morning and the status is still the same.  Another cabinet (Cabinet 1) was being worked on at the same time as ours (only a few roads down from our Cabinet 6) - and when I check properties for that cabinet, it says fibre is available to order.

It does look like the work on Cabinet 6 has been completed, but the records have been updated wrong.  It doesn't make sense that the work has been completed but no properties on it can order.  Is there any way of checking with Openreach?  My fear is that the job on Cabinet 6 has been marked as "complete" and Openreach therefore have no reason to ever look at it again, but no one can order because of a system error.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Still no further with this - is anyone able to contact Openreach to ask?  I can't get in touch with them as a consumer and BT retail will only go off what the ADSL checker says so this is doomed to be in limbo until someone at Openreach will look into why no properties can connect to this Cabinet even though the FTTC install appears to be "complete".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

I'm not getting anywhere with this.  If anyone is able to contact Openreach I would really appreciate it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

once a cabinet is installed it can in some cases be several months or longer before it is activated as it could still be waiting for power to be connected or fibre to be blown to the cabinet

Adsl speeds are not relative as those speeds are from the exchange not the cabinet as with fibre it is possible that your line is longer than you think as they do not always follow the most direct route
0 Ratings