Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mick2165
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

New Cabinet

Go to solution

I have had infinity 1 since it came to my village and it was fine but now there is a new box installed closer to my house with loads of new houses connected which has reduced my speed considerably. How do i go about getting moved to this new box without endless phone calls, any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: New Cabinet

Go to solution

You can`t, as the external network is fixed, and your house would be cabled to your existing cabinet. Openreach would have to dig up the road and run new cables, and all the customers served from your loacl cable would have to be moved.

That will not happen.

The new houses on the new cabnet, would not affect your connection speed.

0 Ratings
mick2165
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply Keith but my connection is fibre to cabinet so that would not apply to me.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

@mick2165 wrote:

Thanks for your reply Keith but my connection is fibre to cabinet so that would not apply to me.

Why not? If  you are talking about a new fibre cabinet that has been installed, then that would only serve those houses that are cabled to that cabinet.

You would be cabled to a different cabinet, and cannot be moved.

Perhaps another forum member would comment as well?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Absolutely correct Keith.

0 Ratings
mick2165
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I would thank you again if you made any sense i was originally connected to an old cabinet a few yards from where the second fibre cabinet is now, the first fibre cabinet to come to my village was half a mile away and they moved my connection to there so what is stopping them from shortening my connection back to where it was originally.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

What exchange and cabinet numbers?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

@mick2165 wrote:

I would thank you again if you made any sense i was originally connected to an old cabinet a few yards from where the second fibre cabinet is now, the first fibre cabinet to come to my village was half a mile away and they moved my connection to there so what is stopping them from shortening my connection back to where it was originally.

Your connection is just one of many in the distribution cable that runs from the cabinet, to serve the customers of all service providers in your road.

Its not possible to simply take out your pair and route it elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
Unless this is an infil AIO cabinet.

Many assumptions seem to have been made.

Openreach can and are currently rearranging thousands of copper lines to improve the FTTC speeds of customers through various BDUK schemes.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
pippincp
Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

@mick2165 wrote:

Why do you think it doesn't apply to you?

0 Ratings