Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: New Cabinet

Go to solution

See the Openreach link about getting moved to another cabinet.

https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/help-and-support/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx

"There is another cabinet nearby that is already accepting orders accepting orders, can I get fibre broadband from there instead? 

No, the network over which fibre broadband is provided is bespoke, and all premises are served from dedicated fixed distribution points. Many lines are connected via their own overhead or underground link to a nearby green telephony cabinet. There are no interconnections that could be used to move a line from one cabinet to another."

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution
@mick2165 Could you let us know what cabinet and exchange you're currently served from?

You can find out by putting your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com

If you can let us know the details, some of us might be able to advise better
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
mick2165
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Webby thanks for your reply I am connected to cabinet 17 Honeybourne Badsey exchange which was the first one since then a new one has gone in on Station Rd which is about 200yds from my property, I know cabinet 17 is full and if I could get moved it would allow someone to get connected and also improve my connectio which has suffers with from houses being connected to new cabinet.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

You will not be moved. See the post by @gg30340

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution
people connected to another cabinet near you will not affect your speed

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution
Doesn't look like you'll be moved..
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
TelephoneBob
Expert
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution
Openreach have specifically said they will not move individual people onto different PCP's.

It would be a logistical nightmare and could cost hundreds of thousands just to shift one person.

The Openreach duct network is not all interconnected, in order to connect you to the new PCP they could potentially have to dig up several roads/foot paths to put in new duct and then cable and joint it.

Sometimes Openreach will install a secondary PCP and move people onto it but the only times I seen such cases is where you have say a Hamlet of a couple of hundred homes fed by a PCP in the main Town/Village.

What they'll do is usually tap into the cable(s) before they split off in whatever direction and install a new PCP.