cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

New Cabinet

We get 2.0Mb download and BT have put in a new cabinet down our road between the exchange and us. It has an 8 painted on it. When i check,  it shows we are still connected to cabinet 2. How can i find out the status of the new cabinet and if it will improve our ( hopeless ) broadband.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: New Cabinet

CheckCheck

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Cabinet P8   FTTC being Connected, live due by October 2018   Phase SEP Bucks&Herts 20b       Huawei     

The speed you will get is dependant on your distance from cabinet 8 and whether it is an infill which you will be moved to or not. Before you ask, you can't influence that decision, either you will be part of a network re-arrangement or you won't.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Its now mid November. It was scheduled to be active by the end of October but we are still on the old box. I dont know if that is because its not active, or whether they are not going to move us ?

Is there any way i can find out for those of us down the road who are still on 2Mb ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

What makes you think that Openreach are going to run new cables so you can be connected to the other cabinet, they would not normally do it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I dont know, thats why i asked the questions.

Why would they put a new cabinet in down our road, that is half way between us and our currently connected cabinet ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Answer in message 3 still stands. It depends on what Openreach's plans are.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks Licquorice,

Is there a reliable way of finding out when it actually does become active ?  The helpful online link you put on has now gone to a blank.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

No, it is in the hands of Openreach. This is a BT Retail forum which has no connection with Openreach. Its just a case of being patient.

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=226773&cabinets=14094

Still gives the same information but it is by no means a definitive source of information.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

Unless you live in a small village a PCP numbered 8 is not a particularly high number. Are you sure that PCP 8 is not being moved from a nearby locality?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings