cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

New Calendar not loading / displaying properly.

I have been upgraded to the BT Yahoo Calendar (New). However it does not load and display properly.

It displays the top third of the calendar but the bottom two-thirds of the screen is blank.

The only way I have found to correct this is to right-click on the blank area and hit refresh. Then the full calendar grid is displayed and I can use it properly.

I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) with IE9. Incidentally I have noticed recently that several websites take several seconds to load up and it seems to be getting slower. I don't think my newish PC is a problem but it could be an IE9 issue perhaps?

Any ideas?

Lou

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Calendar not loading / displaying properly.

Hi Lou_Swire,

If you can fill out the contact us form in the "about me" section in my profile, we'll have a look at this for you.

Cheers,
Chris.
BT Moderator Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

OK, I have filled out the contact form in "Contact BT" and submitted a problem query.

Hope this is what you meant.

Ta, Lou

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Clear your temporary internet files, and change to settings to reserve only 10mb of space for them.

Most of the time IE reserves far too much disk space, and as it fills up, your computer will slow down.

On broadband, temporary internet files are not really needed. There a bit of a left over from the days of dial-up internet.

0 Ratings
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi, that's interesting.

My Temporary Internet Files storage allocation was set to 1024MB (Maximum).

I cleared the files and reset to 10MB, rebooted and clicked on Calendar. No difference I'm afraid.

It still only loads up the top 1/3 of the screen. I have to right-click and "refresh" to display the calendar properly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Can you try a different web browser like Firefox? That is what I use and its fine with Yahoo Calendar.
0 Ratings
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Yes that fixed it. I had a long chat with the BT call centre chappie who explained that BT Yahoo Mail and Calendar were in effect still in BETA test phase. Also there are some known gremlins with IE9.

I installed Google Chrome and now my calendar loads and displays perfectly.

0 Ratings