cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

New Customer - BT Infinity - Home Hub 5 - Dropping/No Internet

Signed up 2 Months ago. My Router/Line randomly drops, I have Blue Light, No Internet for a few mins, Sometimes Orange light flashes then reconnects after 5 mins.

I have a New Computer, BT Have given me another Hub-5, BT Enginner has installed an OpenReach socket on top of the Main Phone Socket where the Router is Plugged in. 

I also use an iPad & iPhone they can't connect when Blue light is on when the Broadband decides to go down!

I am only using Wi-Fi, Speed is Fine, its just the random dropping outs, I also have a BT WiFi Extender, the lights seem to flash when Internet goes down.

BT Have done numerous Line/Stabilty testing they say all is Fine.

They cannot help me anymore!

My other ISP - I never had any problems!

Can someone Please Help? I'm loosing the will to live!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Customer - BT Infinity - Home Hub 5 - Dropping/No Internet

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

as you are using wireless then 

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

I have already split the Networks (2 SSID's) that has done nothing!

When I get home from Work, I will do the rest as you state this evening then I will let you know.

Thankws

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

did you select the channels or did you leave on automatic 

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

I did select the channels, Can't remember which one yet.

0 Ratings